Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
County Mike

Lights out!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
suntereo

i'd like to see lytle put his hand on sarah's forehead and let him windmill punch out o range like a little kid.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
ufcfan2

War Lytle!!!! Never in a dull fight and has a very underrated ground game...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I know alot of people that just don't like Lytle.. I have always been a fan of his style.
Who dislikes Lytle????
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Who dislikes Lytle????
yeah! the only time I ever rooted against him was when he fought Hughes.

[
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
yeah! the only time I ever rooted against him was when he fought Hughes.
Exactly! And even then I went & got a pic with/sig from him.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Good article:

Quote:
UFC 119 recently received an impressive main event in the form of Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2, and has quickly become a very interesting fight card filled with stars like the aforementioned main-event fighters, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Sean Sherk, and most recently, Chris “Lights Out” Lytle and Matter “The Terror” Serra. The scrappy veterans will take on each other once again, almost four years after they stepped inside the Octagon to crown the winner of The Ultimate Fighter Season 4: “The Comeback”. Serra would go on to shock the world and beat Georges St. Pierre for the UFC Welterweight Championship. Lytle would have an up-and-down career against mostly strong competition but nevertheless consistently entertained.

However, I think it’s Serra that will find himself in “do-or-die” mode when this rematch goes down. After being thoroughly dominated en route to losing his championship back to Georges St. Pierre, Serra then proceeded to get dismantled by arch-rival Matt Hughes. Serra had only dropped two straight one time before in his. A fantastic drubbing of Frank Trigg gave Serra back some of his luster, but this fight with Lytle will prove once and for all if Serra deserves his spot near the top of the division.

And while Serra is fighting to keep from moving down in the rankings, Lytle is fighting to claw his way back up. It’s been two long years since Lytle has fought someone whose status at the top of the division is unchallenged, and that was when he lost a Unanimous Decision to Josh Koscheck. Lytle has managed to work his way back to the top with three spirited performances that have resulted in three straight victories and what should have been three straight “…Of the Night” bonuses: for my money, his excellent and very intricate submission at UFC 116 deserved the “Submission of the Night” bonus more than Brock Lesnar’s, even if Lesnar’s was more entertaining to watch.

I think the great thing about this fight is that no matter where it takes place, it’s going to be entertaining. Both men are such perfect foils to one. Matt Serra has always been known for having a great ground game, but recently he’s let his fists fly and proven that he has undeniable knockout power in his hands- against Frank Trigg he looked positively beastly before pounding Trigg’s lights out and sending him to the unemployment line. Chris Lytle has always been known as a striker that loves to brawl, but recently he’s shown off one of the most critically-underrated ground games in the Welterweight division- his UFC 116 Straight Armbar/Mounted Triangle Choke was a thing of pure beauty.

One way or another, I think there’s a lot riding on this fight. If Serra wins, he’ll have proven that he can still hang with some of the best in the UFC. If Lytle wins, he’ll have proven that he is once again ready to test the waters of the UFC’s top tier. But no matter who wins, this fight has all the signs of a show-stealer. If it stays on the feet, I think both men have the ability to do some serious damage to each other: both men have only lost by (T)KO twice in their long careers, so there’s a real possibility that this could turn into a three-round all-out war of attrition that I won’t be able to take my eyes off of. If it goes to the ground, both men are so technically gifted that we’ll likely see some pretty crazy things before all is said and done. I may be a bit biased because I’ve always been a fan of Chris Lytle, but I truly believe that, if the stars align and this goes down as good as I think it can go down, Chris Lytle vs. Matt Serra 2 has serious “dark horse” potential for Fight of the Year candidacy.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Chris F

119 look to be a great card. I do not like lytle all that much. I think this will be a good chess match and probably the fight of the night if it goes as predicted. I also think Big Nog destroys Mir in this rematch