Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-11-2010, 08:11 AM
logrus

Ehhh, he will probably verbally submit and whine about how he never did....
Old 07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
If I were Anderson Silva, I would feel insulted by the UFC and specifically Dana White. I personally hope Silva just does cartwheels around the cage in-between stuffing Chael's take-down attempts and peppering him with light combos all the way through 5 rounds for another decision victory. He can even throw an occasional spin move or moonwalk in there to spice it up at times too, I would enjoy that, but that's just me. (I'm sure the hint of sarcasm and true direction of that statement will be missed.)

What I find most hilarious is that so many people who complain about Silva's character also tend to be supporting Chael Sonnen. Heck, even Alanis Morrissette couldn't have used the term "ironic" better in this case. What happened in the Silva/Maia fight has been so blown out of proportion from the very moment it took place that Silva has been made to look like some sort of evil henchman. Give me a friggin break, it's ridiculous, and Chael Sonnen piggybacked off that misguided logic to play right into peoples hands and hype this fight.

Even if he goes out there and destroys Sonnen and gives everybody that big Highlight-reel finish, the haters are gonna keep dogging him, and then of course there will be an influx of people who are just gonna use the annoying phrase; "Anderson Silva is BACK". Or if he loses, there will be another clan of numb-skulls hailing Sonnen as a savior and saying Silva was "exposed".
Wow, The glass is never half full for you, is it J.B.? lol
Old 07-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
If I were Anderson Silva, I would feel insulted by the UFC and specifically Dana White.
Its just business.

If you pay for entertainment, you expect to get your moneys worth...

Anderson Silva...infact any fighter who does what he does in not living up to his potential for just fifteen odd mins every four months INSULTS the fans, all fans...everywhere.

At present, and for over a year now Anderson Silva has been the UFCs biggest embarissment

Whilst I dont support Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva is EQUALLY as dumbass for doing what he's doing. The pair of them bring disgrace down upon themselves and their training camps, for their dishonour and shameful rudeness of character.

I dont see Chael Sonnens actions out of thr Octagon being any worse then Anderson Silvas action in the octagon on no less then three occasions now....at least one can laugh at how riddiculous Chael Sonnen sounds...one hardly laughs when their out of pocket around $40 thanks to Anderson Silva....he should change his name to Kalib Starnes!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:29 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post

Wow, The glass is never half full for you, is it J.B.? lol
Weren't you the person who said you wanted to see Silva lose to "vindicate" Rich Franklin?
Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Its just business.

If you pay for entertainment, you expect to get your moneys worth...

Anderson Silva...infact any fighter who does what he does in not living up to his potential for just fifteen odd mins every four months INSULTS the fans, all fans...everywhere.

At present, and for over a year now Anderson Silva has been the UFCs biggest embarissment

Whilst I dont support Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva is EQUALLY as dumbass for doing what he's doing. The pair of them bring disgrace down upon themselves and their training camps, for their dishonour and shameful rudeness of character.

I dont see Chael Sonnens actions out of thr Octagon being any worse then Anderson Silvas action in the octagon on no less then three occasions now....at least one can laugh at how riddiculous Chael Sonnen sounds...one hardly laughs when their out of pocket around $40 thanks to Anderson Silva....he should change his name to Kalib Starnes!

I don't mean to be blunt Dave, but that is pure and utter crap.

You and everybody else who are butthurt about Silva need to get over it and quit whining or just stop buying UFC when he fights. What he did is NOT as lame as Sonnen coming out and bashing every fighter under the sun so that people look at him. If you don't understand the gamesmanship in a little ribbing or chest pounding during an athletic competition then you never played sports, end of story. You don't have to like it, but it's as if NONE of the people who complain about it seem to understand why he did it or where it comes from.

You talk about it being "just business", well news flash, that is BAD for business. Dana White should not throw his fighters underneath the bus like that. They go out there and make him a lot of money, and fighters remember that stuff. He crapped all over Silva as soon as that happened instead of doing some simple damage control. You don't threaten to fire one of your top superstars and bash him to the public after he has done a lot to make you and the company money for something like that, it's nothing more than catering to ignorance even if it is appeasing to those with knee-jerk reactions and hypocritical fans alike . It is completely unprofessional for the head of a company, league, or team to come out and do that, and just as bad (if not worse) than any sort of showboating in the ring. You say that Silva is insulting the fans when he showboats, I say most fans are retarded and if the world listened to the account of Silva's haters they would all believe he did nothing but dance which is a total fallacy. He beat the snot out of Maia, but that's not good enough, he needs to jump in his guard like Fedor did to Werdum, right? That's WARRIOR SPIRIT, right? Gimmie a break before I vomit with disgust....

You and everybody else have blown what Silva did out of proportion, plain and simple.

Last edited by J.B.; 07-11-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
logrus

Quote:

You and everybody else who are butthurt about Silva need to get over it and quit whining or just stop buying UFC when he fights. What he did is NOT as lame as Sonnen coming out and bashing every fighter under the sun so that people look at him. If you don't understand the gamesmanship in a little ribbing or chest pounding during an athletic competition then you never played sports, end of story. You don't have to like it, but it's as if NONE of the people who complain about it seem to understand why he did it or where it comes from.

You talk about it being "just business", well news flash, that is BAD for business. Dana White should not throw his fighters underneath the bus like that. They go out there and make him a lot of money, and fighters remember that stuff. He crapped all over Silva as soon as that happened instead of doing some simple damage control. You don't threaten to fire one of your top superstars and bash him to the public after he has done a lot to make you and the company money for something like that, it's nothing more than catering to ignorance even if it is appeasing to those with knee-jerk reactions and hypocritical fans alike . It is completely unprofessional for the head of a company, league, or team to come out and do that, and just as bad (if not worse) than any sort of showboating in the ring. You say that Silva is insulting the fans when he showboats, I say most fans are retarded and if the world listened to the account of Silva's haters they would all believe he did nothing but dance which is a total fallacy. He beat the snot out of Maia, but that's not good enough, he needs to jump in his guard like Fedor did to Werdum, right? That's WARRIOR SPIRIT, right? Gimmie a break before I vomit with disgust....

You and everybody else have blown what Silva did out of proportion, plain and simple
Word
Old 07-11-2010, 05:37 PM

Now JB, you know if Chael wins, DW is immediately gonna announce the rematch.

Sonnen can yak all he wants; it doesn't hurt anybody but himself. However, when I buy a PPV to see AS (especially one where the card isn't that great so I'm mainly getting it for the main fight), and he's acts the "clown" that hurts. And it's not like he did that just one time either.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:

You and everybody else have blown what Silva did out of proportion, plain and simple.

I didn't see this 'til after I posted.

Okay, I'm one of those people. I know you said something at the time, but I can't remember now. Could you tell us again why did he do that (in more than one fight) and where does it come from?

And, yeah, I bought the ppv cause I wanted to see Anderson fight, and I bought another one after he did whatever you want to call it, but after he did that again, I wasn't sure I would buy another one to see him fight. But, now that he's fighting CS, I want to see what happens, plus I'd buy it anyway cause Matt's on it (just like Abu Dhabi). And, unlike others, I'm not going to mind if CS beats him.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-11-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Now JB, you know if Chael wins, DW is immediately gonna announce the rematch.

Sonnen can yak all he wants; it doesn't hurt anybody but himself. However, when I buy a PPV to see AS (especially one where the card isn't that great so I'm mainly getting it for the main fight), and he's acts the "clown" that hurts. And it's not like he did that just one time either.
If Chael wins and Silva does anything even remotely labeled as "showboating" I wouldn't be surprised if Dana did actually cut him, because that's what would appeal to knucklehead fans, however it's not likely. Also, in that respect it is even worse for Silva because now that everybody overreacted and cried about it, he has to go out there and be worried about the 15,000 people in the arena booing as much the guy in front of him. Imagine if Roger Goodell said he was gonna kick Chad Ochocinco out of the NFL for dancing in the end-zone when he scores a touchdown, people would say that is retarded and condemn Goodell, but Dana White says it and to "Casual MMA Guy" the crap becomes gospel.

As for your second point, the card actually IS great....and there is a certain guy fighting on that card from a little town in Southern Illinois...I can't think of his name right now, but it will come to me...

Anderson showboating a little bit and trying to bait Damian Maia doesnt really hurt the UFC or the sport at all. People will not stop watching because of it, they just get emotional and latch on to next fighter they think can knock off the guy who rubbed them the wrong way, in this case Chael Sonnen. Also, YES, that is the only time that Silva showboated to that degree, and while people may think that's him acting like a clown, that's only because they really don't get it. As I said many times, people don't have to like it, but clearly there is a general lack of understanding going on when it comes to the concept of what Silva was doing in that fight against Maia. Whats even worse is the total embellishment of the truth when people re-tell their memory of how that fight actually went down. The only thing people can seem to muster up is "dance", "monkey", and "clown", and they always seem to forget what Maia's face looked like after that fight.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:06 PM
jignpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
lol I love Sonnen, he has a big mouth, but he gets it.
This is an act, he has said it in past interviews,
this is the fight BUSINESS, you've got to sell a fight.
He is comfortable being the ass if he needs to be,
it works, it sells. The UFC has a proven past of success with a heel,
can't blame him for wanting to stick out.
THANK YOU! IM NOT ALONE!