Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
lc87

At first whhen this fight was announced I was kinda rooting for chael just because andersons bad performences against lietes cote and maia. But after hearing some of crap he's saying I want anderson to prove why he's the champ and number 1 p4p fighter in the world. I want to see him toy with chael. like in high school wrestling getting the takedown and let him up just to pad the stats. Get him rocked and let him recover just to do it again but never finish him. or get him in a sub and right when hes about to tap let it go. Just destroy him all around.

Last edited by lc87; 07-10-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
No doubt, and I'm all about hyping the fight.

I just don't care for much of what he has to say because he hasn't accomplished anything in the sport of MMA in comparison to the people he tries to call out. He may be trying to play the heel, but he just looks like a clown, especially when he got caught lying about his twitter and dropped out of his political race. If he beats Silva, then he'll actually have done something to warrant all the barking and chest pounding.
Right, but a clown who is going to sell PPV's.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Like I love Nick Diaz, but the difference is Nick can back it up. This fool is just speaking to hear himself... I can't wait till Anderson beats the idiot outta him...
I like Nick also, i think everybody has their own style,
I think Sonnen can back it up, he did tool Nate the great.
I would say Sonnen's last MW fight was more impressive and entertaining than Anderson's
Old 07-11-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I agree with you and JB that he's a clown. This is just my opinion but I would say it's Anderson who is selling the PPV's; they could match him up with Bozo (wait, they did! ) and it would sell.

I like Nate the Great waaaay more than Chael. Yes, Chael beat him but it was a decision and, for me, Nate is a better and more interesting fighter. I used to like Chael too until he started dissing Matt.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Rev

Everyone says that they want AS to kick the crap out of CS. He is going to have to. Chael said that he is gonna make silva fight. That is all I want. If Silva comes in and delivers the most exciting fight in ufc history, Chael will have done his job. If Chael beats Silva, he will have done his job. He has said that he is going to make it impossible for Silva to have a boring fight with him, and if he delivers on his promise, I will thank him for it. I dont want to sit through another snooze fest from Silva.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Everyone says that they want AS to kick the crap out of CS. He is going to have to. Chael said that he is gonna make silva fight. That is all I want. If Silva comes in and delivers the most exciting fight in ufc history, Chael will have done his job. If Chael beats Silva, he will have done his job. He has said that he is going to make it impossible for Silva to have a boring fight with him, and if he delivers on his promise, I will thank him for it. I dont want to sit through another snooze fest from Silva.
Right on the money, Rev. That's what I'm hoping for too, I'm still vacillating about spending the $50...

Of course, if Dana was serious in his statements after the Abu Dhabi fight, Anderson wouldn't DARE pull the same shenanigans he did last time, would he???
Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Right on the money, Rev. That's what I'm hoping for too, I'm still vacillating about spending the $50...

Of course, if Dana was serious in his statements after the Abu Dhabi fight, Anderson wouldn't DARE pull the same shenanigans he did last time, would he???
Well, I like Dana, everyone knows that.(Dont they J.B.? lol JK)
But I will admit that he talks alot of crap and he would suprise the heck outa me if he did the things he said he would to Silva.
But! We never know.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:26 AM

I like Dana too. If it wasn't for him there wouldn't be any UFC (at least, not the standard for excellence in MMA that it is today).
Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Because he is fighting Anderson Silva. How many people cared about him having a big mouth when he fought Maia, Marquardt, or Okami?

You are right though, he does "get it", and he is mildly amusing. From my personal standpoint, I'm not a fan, but I will give him props for embracing the moment and trying to stand out as much as he can.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

If I were Anderson Silva, I would feel insulted by the UFC and specifically Dana White. I personally hope Silva just does cartwheels around the cage in-between stuffing Chael's take-down attempts and peppering him with light combos all the way through 5 rounds for another decision victory. He can even throw an occasional spin move or moonwalk in there to spice it up at times too, I would enjoy that, but that's just me. (I'm sure the hint of sarcasm and true direction of that statement will be missed.)

What I find most hilarious is that so many people who complain about Silva's character also tend to be supporting Chael Sonnen. Heck, even Alanis Morrissette couldn't have used the term "ironic" better in this case. What happened in the Silva/Maia fight has been so blown out of proportion from the very moment it took place that Silva has been made to look like some sort of evil henchman. Give me a friggin break, it's ridiculous, and Chael Sonnen piggybacked off that misguided logic to play right into peoples hands and hype this fight.

Even if he goes out there and destroys Sonnen and gives everybody that big Highlight-reel finish, the haters are gonna keep dogging him, and then of course there will be an influx of people who are just gonna use the annoying phrase; "Anderson Silva is BACK". Or if he loses, there will be another clan of numb-skulls hailing Sonnen as a savior and saying Silva was "exposed".