Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 PM
atomdanger

Default GSP/KOS.... Really?

Is anybody interested in them fighting again? O_o
I don't think KOS touches GSP, I could be wrong though? I guess he does have heavy hands.
I just have a hard time seeing it go differently.

I hope the season is more entertaining than this last one.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

i wouldn't bet on it ... kos would have to catch gsp, but better strikers haven't been able to ... if that fails, kos would have to out wrestle gsp, and we have seen that he can't do that ... gsp is in another league ... but with fedor and bj losing fights they should have won, anything is possible ..

hope the season is good .. should have some good guest coaches from jackson, tristar and aka ... but the talent seems to get worse each year ...
Old 07-09-2010, 03:31 AM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i wouldn't bet on it ... kos would have to catch gsp, but better strikers haven't been able to ... if that fails, kos would have to out wrestle gsp, and we have seen that he can't do that ... gsp is in another league ... but with fedor and bj losing fights they should have won, anything is possible ..

hope the season is good .. should have some good guest coaches from jackson, tristar and aka ... but the talent seems to get worse each year ...
there are just not that many good prospects to pool from anymore. and with kendall talking crap on spike about them choosing the personalites instead of the best fighters who knows.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:57 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
there are just not that many good prospects to pool from anymore. and with kendall talking crap on spike about them choosing the personalites instead of the best fighters who knows.
I've spoken with guys who place at worls in BJJ and placed at ADCC who were told directly by people at Zuffa they didn't have the personality for the show.

Turning down guys with world level grappling credentials for guys with loud personalities is a joke.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 AM

The Ultitimate fighter concept is being bleed dry!!!!!!!!!

They are killing it, please run no more.

Leben and Bonnar proved last weekened that the first was always the best
Old 07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
lc87

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I've spoken with guys who place at worls in BJJ and placed at ADCC who were told directly by people at Zuffa they didn't have the personality for the show.

Turning down guys with world level grappling credentials for guys with loud personalities is a joke.

That's exactly what I'm saying they would rather have yager, junie, kimbo and clonic boy instead of the top talent out there. People that have no buisnesss on the show but for ratings sake instead of finding the best.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
BamaGrits84

I'm interested to see how GSP does on the show. I'm sure he'll be a good coach because GSP is for multifaceted and most of the guys come into the house 1 sided. I'm more interested in if he can be entertaining doing something other than figthing himself. I mean do you seriously see GSP pranking Kos or smack talking? The coaches going at it makes the show good. And the coaches challenge? Oh that'll be golden.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Freddie Roach on training GSP's boxing:

Quote:
"[St. Pierre's] like a sponge, he took in what I taught him and really practiced. He would come back the next day and know the move, Iíd say 'You went home and practiced that move all night long' and he would just smile at me. (He's a) great guy; really didnít know much about boxing per se but ability-wise, he absorbed everything I taught him. He asked me about making an appearance on his (TUF 12) show, heís a coach I said 'I wonít show them what I showed you!' Working with one of the best guys in the sport, its kind of an honor for me to help guys like that out."
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/13/15...rges-st-pierre
Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 AM
rearnakedchoke

weird ... GSP has been boxing at the grant gym in montreal with some badass fighters ... so don't know how roach says he knew nothing about boxing .. per se ... but roach is one of the best in the biz, so i am sure he knows what he is talking about ...
Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 PM
TheDotComKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87 View Post
That's exactly what I'm saying they would rather have yager, junie, kimbo and clonic boy instead of the top talent out there. People that have no buisnesss on the show but for ratings sake instead of finding the best.
colonic boy? Im pretty sure you're talking about gabe rudiger or as he will be forever know amongst my friends Gabe''put me back in''Rudiger