Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-06-2010, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Wow.

Clearly you didn't even read what I wrote.
i did... Doesnt make The statement that i highlighted less flawed... Dos santos arguable has the best reseme of any hw in then UFC right now... In my opinion werdum, cro cop, gonzaga> mir, herring, couture with a 14 month layoff..

Roy doesnt even deserve this match... He won the worse season of tuf ever and then kocked out manute bol... He came into the UFC with back to back losses to arlovski and monzon... Two guys the UFC wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole right now. He should be rematching rothwell not fighting dos santos.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i did... Doesnt make The statement that i highlighted less flawed... Dos santos arguable has the best reseme of any hw in then UFC right now... In my opinion werdum, cro cop, gonzaga> mir, herring, couture with a 14 month layoff..

Roy doesnt even deserve this match... He won the worse season of tuf ever and then kocked out manute bol... He came into the UFC with back to back losses to arlovski and monzon... Two guys the UFC wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole right now. He should be rematching rothwell not fighting dos santos.
Well if you read it, there should have been no need to ask me if I realize that the champion only has 5 wins because I specifically said that in that post.

The statement is not flawed, and 3 quality wins is NOT a significantly deep resume in my opinion. You cherry picked my comment to fit it inside of a different context. I never said Brock or Roy had deep resumes either, and I DID say JDS is a title contender. What more do you want? If it is the term "deep" that we don't see eye to eye on, well then we have to agree to disagree. Just because a guy doesn't have a deep record doesn't mean he can't be a contender, to which in that sense I afforded the same logic to both JDS and Roy Nelson. The reason I even mentioned JDS's resume in the first place was simply to give context to my point that Nelson is deserving of a fight with Dos Santos, and subsequently a title shot if he happens to win. It's not like JDS is 25-1 and Nelson is a TUF'er who is just 2-0.

JDS is next in line behind Cain, if he loses to Nelson it's a no-brainer that Roy would receive a shot. A fight with Rothwell obviously makes sense for Nelson, but this is the fight that is booked and if Nelson wins it than he deserves to be in the mix. Also, Rothwell did beat Nelson, but since both have come to the UFC Rothwell has looked pretty shaky while Roy has looked much better, so the timing hasn't exactly been perfect in that respect. Roy's biggest recent win is Struve, but Struve was on a 3 fight win streak after losing to Dos Santos, and Struve has a solid 19-4 record. Does that mean Roy Nelson is some superman because he got a couple KO's? Absolutely not, but the point that everybody ignores is that HW division isn't that deep. Nelson and Dos Santos is an interesting fight between 2 guys who are making waves and up and coming in the division, and should Nelson be able to beat JDS than he would absolutely deserve to be in contention.

Last edited by J.B.; 07-06-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
3 good wins is impressive, but that doesn't make for a deep resume in my opinion. I agree that JDS is basically next in line for a shot, but if Nelson beats him then obviously he is as worthy as JDS. That is the only point I am making.

It is what it is. The undisputed HW champion only has 6 professional fights, so it's not like the system is perfect or needs justification. JDS is next in line behind Cain and JDS needs a fight right now, Nelson is that fight. If Nelson beats JDS impressively than he is as deserving as anybody else. Although, I am willing to bet that if Nelson does win he will end up having another fight before getting a shot at the title. They really don't want the fat guy coming in and messing everything up.
Oh I agree with that as well!

If Nelson does it then he cannot be denied a shot
Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
3 good wins is impressive, but that doesn't make for a deep resume in my opinion. I agree that JDS is basically next in line for a shot, but if Nelson beats him then obviously he is as worthy as JDS. That is the only point I am making.

It is what it is. The undisputed HW champion only has 6 professional fights, so it's not like the system is perfect or needs justification. JDS is next in line behind Cain and JDS needs a fight right now, Nelson is that fight. If Nelson beats JDS impressively than he is as deserving as anybody else. Although, I am willing to bet that if Nelson does win he will end up having another fight before getting a shot at the title. They really don't want the fat guy coming in and messing everything up.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

if he beats dos santos, he deserves the shot ... but i see jds picking him apart and winning ....
Old 07-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
In my opinion werdum, cro cop, gonzaga> mir, herring, couture with a 14 month layoff..
Im not so sure about that. The best win on that list is Werdum but that has a lot to do with the fact that he beat Fedor. With out the recent win over Fedor people would really not consider that a great win. The CroCop that JDS fought was a shadow of his former self so its not as if he beat the CroCop of 2006. GG's biggest win is CroCop and since then he is 3-4 and has fallen off all top ten lists. Mir is still a top ten HW and Randy would most likely be as well if he was still fighting at HW (his next fight is at HW but before that he had moved down to 205). On top of that Randy crushed GG so there is no way you can say that win over GG is more impressive than a win over Randy. Herring is prob the weakest win on that list but when you combine the other two wins, Brock's wins are def better.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Chris F

I think Roy would be a good fight for Brock. He has good hands and some of the Best BJJ in the division (he beat Mir in Grappling) Not to mention he is a Kung Fu Fighter and best intro song in the UFC I digress. Whe he submits JDS I think Silva would be a smart man to give the shot to Roy so Cain can season up a bit before Brock.