Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
s soon as Fitch/Alves was announced as the C-M, I knew they were going to be down-playing Matt.
I dont really see what the big deal is. Everyone who watches MMA at all knows Matt is on this card. On top of that Fitch/Alves is pretty much the #1 contender fight so it is going to get top billing. Its not like they are putting Matt on the undercard. I like the fact that he is fighting early in the card, that way it sets the excitement for the rest of the card. IMO its always better to have a really exciting fight early because its gets me in the mood for the rest of the event. Any time I see Fitch as the first fight on the card i always have to let one of my friends know to wake me up before the 2nd fight starts. That def will in happen with this card.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I dont really see what the big deal is. Everyone who watches MMA at all knows Matt is on this card. On top of that Fitch/Alves is pretty much the #1 contender fight so it is going to get top billing. Its not like they are putting Matt on the undercard. I like the fact that he is fighting early in the card, that way it sets the excitement for the rest of the card. IMO its always better to have a really exciting fight early because its gets me in the mood for the rest of the event. Any time I see Fitch as the first fight on the card i always have to let one of my friends know to wake me up before the 2nd fight starts. That def will in happen with this card.
Its called publicity Max. Not everyone who watches MMA knows Matt Hughes is on the card...many people who are casual watchers wont really get the card information until the week of the fight when they go to the effort of finding it out.

Thats why the UFC release promotions and adverts in the first place, to attract peoples attention. IF they dont plug your fight they are saying you are not worth advanced screening to the public to generate interest. You should expect main events to be plugged, and you should expect large names to be Plugged. Hughes is one of the largest names on the card...therefore its pretty standard procedure that he's featured in some advertisement prior to the actual card....especially when they have just inducted him into the hall of fame.

let me put this another way...if Randy Couture were on the card, period, do you EVER think they would fail to mention it in a promotional advert? The ones the company actually relies on (rather then favours, they are two different things) are always the ones who are taken forgranted. Whilst someone like GSP is smiled upon...its Matt Hughes who is left to fight on the card if GSP cant make it because he's not got enough time, or whatever it was he said that ended Matt Hughes fighting on the same card as Franklin...when neither Anderson Silva, newly crowned, nor GSP, Newly Crowned, was able to attend.

Honnestly, they dont make champions like they used to
Old 07-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I remember that. They went from promoting it as "the most dominant welterweight champion in the history of the sport vs. the UFC legend" to "the UFC legend vs. the current title holder."
Yup!! And Matt is so loyal to the UFC always has been. Uggg makes me somewhat irked!!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
It is a big deal to his fans. Yes, I know your a fan, but BJ is your #1.... See it that way if they did that to BJ you would maybe understand more.. Oh and for the record im not being mean cause I love both of em, but Matt does and will always come first...
Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Buc Nasty

You guys have seen the poster, right?

Stop moaning!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post

Stop moaning!
That's gonna change, though. They'll need the CM on there & I'm guessing they'll also want to include JDS & Big Country. I wouldn't mind seeing one of those "flying V" formattions with all 8 guys on the poster.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Stop moaning!
but I like Moaning

Old 07-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I thought it was odd considering how awesome Matts last fight was. More interesting then a roider and a guy who just ground hugs someone..
His last fight was the highlight of the entire card.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Yep, even the bf noticed it and asked if I was really sure Matt was on that card. Like I'd be wrong about something like that. I almost had to drop him.

~Amy
Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:

Stop moaning!
I hadn't seen it, thanks for posting it. That makes me feel a little better but I still reserve my right to moan and whine.