Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Seasons of your Life

There is a beautiful portion of scripture in Ecclesiastes, which spends most of its time telling us that everything is meaningless because everything dies which says actually quite a lot about the passage of living

1.To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2.A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3.A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4.A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5.A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
6.A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7.A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8.A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

I know peoples see their lives as different things, most commonly a journey, possibly a painting or weaving, maybe even a stage show, Biblically speaking in the Old Testament its pretty much portions of chronological time. I'm sure you've all heard the expression "Friends for a season or a reason" ?

Well...I wonder, have you ever sat down and thought that if you could draw lines through your life that would show a portion of time, then a change, and a nother portion of time...how many, or what they might be?

I keep record of Seasons, which are long flowing patches of time where things and emphasis remain the same, and within those seasons, smaller patches of time between events that might change things slightly

I'm at the very end of my Fifth Season, and I started about a month ago my Twenty-Nineth Portion (I have had Eight Portions since the start of the season in September 2005)
Old 07-04-2010, 06:24 AM

I'll take the bait . . . please outline your seasons and portions.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I'll take the bait . . . please outline your seasons and portions.
I cant, some of them are really very personal indeed

I'd like to hear about other peoples