Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 AM
3dlee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Made In America

Im not trying to be a stick-in-the-mud by pointing this out. I am currently reading the awesome MH bio for probly the 50th time. On page 84 at the bottom, my book reads "I've been in a lot of fights, and truthfully? He didn't look too tough. Now Mark Severn, he's too big for me." Mark Severn? Im thinking the ghost writer may have mixed up Dan Severn and Mark Coleman? Or is it a pun trying to insinuate that Matt wasn't very knowledgable of the sport at the time? Or do I possibly have a misprinted book? Just wondering.

Thanks,
3dlee
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
Im not trying to be a stick-in-the-mud by pointing this out. I am currently reading the awesome MH bio for probly the 50th time. On page 84 at the bottom, my book reads "I've been in a lot of fights, and truthfully? He didn't look too tough. Now Mark Severn, he's too big for me." Mark Severn? Im thinking the ghost writer may have mixed up Dan Severn and Mark Coleman? Or is it a pun trying to insinuate that Matt wasn't very knowledgable of the sport at the time? Or do I possibly have a misprinted book? Just wondering.

Thanks,
3dlee
don't know i just bought it for the pictures
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
don't know i just bought it for the pictures


Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
Im not trying to be a stick-in-the-mud by pointing this out. I am currently reading the awesome MH bio for probly the 50th time. On page 84 at the bottom, my book reads "I've been in a lot of fights, and truthfully? He didn't look too tough. Now Mark Severn, he's too big for me." Mark Severn? Im thinking the ghost writer may have mixed up Dan Severn and Mark Coleman? Or is it a pun trying to insinuate that Matt wasn't very knowledgable of the sport at the time? Or do I possibly have a misprinted book? Just wondering.

Thanks,
3dlee
Mine says Mark Severn, too. I'm sure they all do. However, if it is a pun it probaly isn't because Matt wasn't very knowledgable at the time. If it was done on purpose it was probaly some inside joke. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Most likely a mistake, I actually found two others in the book as I was reading it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

Is someone going to call Michael?
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:43 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Is someone going to call Michael?
Can't. He's too busy on the Cash Cab!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

Nope.Looks like he's writing again.Click on "books"

http://michaelmalice.com/
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:53 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Nope.Looks like he's writing again.Click on "books"

http://michaelmalice.com/
You haven't seen the clip of Michael as a contestant on Cash Cab?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

I think I did. It was from a long time ago right? I never liked that show. I do have a funny memory of Michael though....being at WalMart in so cal and betting him on what babies Matt was going to make cry in the book signing line. I think I lost like 15 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
You haven't seen the clip of Michael as a contestant on Cash Cab?
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,313
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I think I did. It was from a long time ago right? I never liked that show. I do have a funny memory of Michael though....being at WalMart in so cal and betting him on what babies Matt was going to make cry in the book signing line. I think I lost like 15 bucks
Hahahahaha.

When I met Michael in Vegas, he personal went threw my copy of Made in America & underlined all the places where he implied that Frank Trigg is gay.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.