Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default Video: Lesnar/Carwin Weigh-In

Not the greatest quality or full length, but this is the main event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Wo6wdEYO0

Carwin is the fattest I've ever seen him and Brock's the leanest I've seen him since joining the UFC. I'd say Carwin's been trying to beef up to neutralize Brock's takedowns, but IMO, speed kills, ask anybody who's faced Mayweather or Pacquiao.

WAR BROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Boo to Lesnar..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2010, 01:05 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Watched it live.. Carwin for the WIN!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

I think Carwin will be less likely to really commit to a punch knowing if he misses, Brock will put him on his back. He'll probably be more timid to throw the big bomb.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2010, 02:35 AM
billwilliams70
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I think Carwin will be less likely to really commit to a punch knowing if he misses, Brock will put him on his back. He'll probably be more timid to throw the big bomb.
Ditto.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2010, 03:54 AM
BoneDoc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone notice how much swelling was on Schaubs left elbow or was I just seeing things? Something I noticed that might be an issue for him.
brendan-schaub.jpg

Last edited by BoneDoc; 07-03-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
Anyone notice how much swelling was on Schaubs left elbow or was I just seeing things? Something I noticed that might be an issue for him.
Attachment 122

At this angle it's hard for me to see his other elbow enough to tell if it's just his normal anatomy or if it really is swollen to that extent. If it truly is that swollen then it will definitely impact his performance.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
BoneDoc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
At this angle it's hard for me to see his other elbow enough to tell if it's just his normal anatomy or if it really is swollen to that extent. If it truly is that swollen then it will definitely impact his performance.
~Amy
When he was walking to the podium to weigh in, is when I first saw it. when he had his arm extended it was like a tennis ball sticking off the back of his arm.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I think Carwin will be less likely to really commit to a punch knowing if he misses, Brock will put him on his back. He'll probably be more timid to throw the big bomb.
i disagree totally, i think carwin has probably been living on his back the last six months and doesn't care about brocks takedowns right now

i think brock will want to stand a little with him and i think carwin will try to take advantage of that.

brock might indeed put shane on his back soon enough,, BUT i don't think carwin will care enough that he won't commit to a punch
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i disagree totally, i think carwin has probably been living on his back the last six months and doesn't care about brocks takedowns right now

i think brock will want to stand a little with him and i think carwin will try to take advantage of that.

brock might indeed put shane on his back soon enough,, BUT i don't think carwin will care enough that he won't commit to a punch
LOL, you're nuts. No way Brock wants to give Carwin a shot to deliver that big 5xl fist and no way does Carwin want on his back. No matter who Carwin's trained with, none of them will be able to prepare him for the wrestling ability of Lesnar.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.