Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Video: Lesnar/Carwin Weigh-In

Not the greatest quality or full length, but this is the main event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Wo6wdEYO0

Carwin is the fattest I've ever seen him and Brock's the leanest I've seen him since joining the UFC. I'd say Carwin's been trying to beef up to neutralize Brock's takedowns, but IMO, speed kills, ask anybody who's faced Mayweather or Pacquiao.

WAR BROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Miss Foxy

Boo to Lesnar..
Old 07-03-2010, 01:05 AM

Watched it live.. Carwin for the WIN!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I think Carwin will be less likely to really commit to a punch knowing if he misses, Brock will put him on his back. He'll probably be more timid to throw the big bomb.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:35 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I think Carwin will be less likely to really commit to a punch knowing if he misses, Brock will put him on his back. He'll probably be more timid to throw the big bomb.
Ditto.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:54 AM
BoneDoc

Anyone notice how much swelling was on Schaubs left elbow or was I just seeing things? Something I noticed that might be an issue for him.
brendan-schaub.jpg

Last edited by BoneDoc; 07-03-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
Anyone notice how much swelling was on Schaubs left elbow or was I just seeing things? Something I noticed that might be an issue for him.
Attachment 122

At this angle it's hard for me to see his other elbow enough to tell if it's just his normal anatomy or if it really is swollen to that extent. If it truly is that swollen then it will definitely impact his performance.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
BoneDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
At this angle it's hard for me to see his other elbow enough to tell if it's just his normal anatomy or if it really is swollen to that extent. If it truly is that swollen then it will definitely impact his performance.
~Amy
When he was walking to the podium to weigh in, is when I first saw it. when he had his arm extended it was like a tennis ball sticking off the back of his arm.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
i disagree totally, i think carwin has probably been living on his back the last six months and doesn't care about brocks takedowns right now

i think brock will want to stand a little with him and i think carwin will try to take advantage of that.

brock might indeed put shane on his back soon enough,, BUT i don't think carwin will care enough that he won't commit to a punch
Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i disagree totally, i think carwin has probably been living on his back the last six months and doesn't care about brocks takedowns right now

i think brock will want to stand a little with him and i think carwin will try to take advantage of that.

brock might indeed put shane on his back soon enough,, BUT i don't think carwin will care enough that he won't commit to a punch
LOL, you're nuts. No way Brock wants to give Carwin a shot to deliver that big 5xl fist and no way does Carwin want on his back. No matter who Carwin's trained with, none of them will be able to prepare him for the wrestling ability of Lesnar.