CAVEMAN

You to! That gal is good lookin!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Old 07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

America is 335 years old today

So I shall Celebrate it in two ways, first by showing you the Blog I made about it on Myspace and Facebook. And secondly, underneith it, is links to the recitation I made last year of the document itself

Today most of America will wake up and celebrate what they consider is the birth of their Nation. This is one of the earliest of dates that one can really consider America an Independant Nation, but its not the only way to date America.

The Earliest date for consideration of the Birthday of The United States of America would be 1774. This is when, presumably by permission of the British Crown, the Thirteen Collonies of America were allowed to adopt their own "Congress" in loose terms, the first Federal Style Government, with its First President Upon this Viewing, the United States is infact Two Hundred and Thirty Six years old. But this is America on paper, its an historical fact, noone seems to care.

Perhaps if one were then to consider America as an Independant State they would mark it by the Signiture of King George on the Treaty Of Paris...this would be the TRUE date of American Independance as GRANTED by the British Crown, politically speaking, countries cant just declaire their own independance, it can only come by permission of the Empire to which they are trying to escape. This would put America as being Born on 3rd September 1783 for on that Date British History has written that King Georges signed a Treaty in France saying that the Thirteen Collonies of America were no longer part of the British Empire. So strictly speaking America from the British point of view is Two Hundred and Twenty Seven years old.

But the first thing the Americans did was to form a Union, and in order to do that, the Consitution for this Union had to be written which was done in 1787 therefore you would hold to an age ofTwo Hundred and Twenty Three years old. But without whats known as Ratification by a certain number of States the consitution is a Document with no weight at all. The Ratification wasnt completed to the correct level until 1788, thats Two Hundred and Twenty Two years od age.

There is one other thing quite important to Americans, and that is their flag, a Flag and anthem that wasnt adopted until after another war with England that came to its conclusion in 1814! that would make America Two Hundred and Ninety six years old

You have to also remember that each State actually has its Birthday, and that the Union wasnt completed to Modern Day Standards until 1959...so if you are looking for a date to mark the begining of the America as we now know it, completed and unabridged...your looking at a Nation FIFTY ONE YEARS OLD!

None of those dates specifically lie on July Fourth...so what exactly is it that Americans choose to mark Americas Birthday...and what was born on that day. I have come to the conclusion that What marks the age of America depends solely on what you believe America is.

Americans evidently do not believe that America Primarily is a Soverign Nation, Nor that it is a Self Rulled Nation, Nor that it is a Consitution, Nor that it is a Flag, Nor that it is a completed Union. What they actually believe is that America is an Ideology, because it was the Ideology of a Free, Self Governing Union of Nations, with a Consitution, a flag, and an Anthem, that they choose to mark as their own Birthday, the rest is purely historical facts of progression (or in some cases, recession) whats important to them is when the Ideal of America was created, written down, and presented.

Thats what they are celebrating, and thats what they choose to mark as the day they were born.

Happy Two Hundred and Thirty Fifth Birthday America
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

ooops...got so excited I forgot my linkey-do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mAHLX3D2Z4
Old 07-04-2010, 02:46 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
America is 335 years old today

So I shall Celebrate it in two ways, first by showing you the Blog I made about it on Myspace and Facebook. And secondly, underneith it, is links to the recitation I made last year of the document itself

Today most of America will wake up and celebrate what they consider is the birth of their Nation. This is one of the earliest of dates that one can really consider America an Independant Nation, but its not the only way to date America.

The Earliest date for consideration of the Birthday of The United States of America would be 1774. This is when, presumably by permission of the British Crown, the Thirteen Collonies of America were allowed to adopt their own "Congress" in loose terms, the first Federal Style Government, with its First President Upon this Viewing, the United States is infact Two Hundred and Thirty Six years old. But this is America on paper, its an historical fact, noone seems to care.

Perhaps if one were then to consider America as an Independant State they would mark it by the Signiture of King George on the Treaty Of Paris...this would be the TRUE date of American Independance as GRANTED by the British Crown, politically speaking, countries cant just declaire their own independance, it can only come by permission of the Empire to which they are trying to escape. This would put America as being Born on 3rd September 1783 for on that Date British History has written that King Georges signed a Treaty in France saying that the Thirteen Collonies of America were no longer part of the British Empire. So strictly speaking America from the British point of view is Two Hundred and Twenty Seven years old.

But the first thing the Americans did was to form a Union, and in order to do that, the Consitution for this Union had to be written which was done in 1787 therefore you would hold to an age ofTwo Hundred and Twenty Three years old. But without whats known as Ratification by a certain number of States the consitution is a Document with no weight at all. The Ratification wasnt completed to the correct level until 1788, thats Two Hundred and Twenty Two years od age.

There is one other thing quite important to Americans, and that is their flag, a Flag and anthem that wasnt adopted until after another war with England that came to its conclusion in 1814! that would make America Two Hundred and Ninety six years old

You have to also remember that each State actually has its Birthday, and that the Union wasnt completed to Modern Day Standards until 1959...so if you are looking for a date to mark the begining of the America as we now know it, completed and unabridged...your looking at a Nation FIFTY ONE YEARS OLD!

None of those dates specifically lie on July Fourth...so what exactly is it that Americans choose to mark Americas Birthday...and what was born on that day. I have come to the conclusion that What marks the age of America depends solely on what you believe America is.

Americans evidently do not believe that America Primarily is a Soverign Nation, Nor that it is a Self Rulled Nation, Nor that it is a Consitution, Nor that it is a Flag, Nor that it is a completed Union. What they actually believe is that America is an Ideology, because it was the Ideology of a Free, Self Governing Union of Nations, with a Consitution, a flag, and an Anthem, that they choose to mark as their own Birthday, the rest is purely historical facts of progression (or in some cases, recession) whats important to them is when the Ideal of America was created, written down, and presented.

Thats what they are celebrating, and thats what they choose to mark as the day they were born.

Happy Two Hundred and Thirty Fifth Birthday America
Dave, we're 235yrs old, not 335. I know it may feel like we kicked your limey British arses back to the Stone Age during the Revolutionary War, but it didn't actually change the calendar at all!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Now,back to what's important about today!!

Old 07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, we're 235yrs old, not 335. I know it may feel like we kicked your limey British arses back to the Stone Age during the Revolutionary War, but it didn't actually change the calendar at all!
Imeant Two Hundred...sorry...I'm just shocked at what a spring chicken your nation still is
Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
rearnakedchoke

Happy 4th of July weekend to my American friends ... Hope you guys enjoy it ... I am sure you will ... take care ...
Old 07-05-2010, 03:06 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who