Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
This video is how I new about Herring,lol. Is that really him that gets ko'd?
The one in the video is Yoshihiro Nakao, the guy the UFC signed is Yoshihiro Akiyama.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger

You seem to just not like the guy for no real reason.
or maybe i don't like him for this:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/not...o-contest-6505

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3286&zoneid=1

and this:

3:25 mark is interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6q_w...eature=related

he was disqualified for greasing (lotion LOL)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuymv3rJpyM

here's a get ta know ya video!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
or maybe i don't like him for this:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/not...o-contest-6505

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3286&zoneid=1

and this:

3:25 mark is interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6q_w...eature=related

he was disqualified for greasing (lotion LOL)

It was ruled a NC, he wasn't dis qualified.

"
In regards to whether Akiyama had used any lubricants or oils on his body before entering the ring,
the inquiry revealed that while Akiyama had not intentionally applied any substances such as Vaseline or Thai oil,
he had applied a skin moisturizer beforehand, for cosmetic purposes. "

How many MMA fighters do you think put lotion on before fights?
and let it dry.... A lot more than Akiyama

Hopefully you really hate GSP then, or you're a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
or maybe i don't like him for this:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/not...o-contest-6505

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=3286&zoneid=1

and this:

3:25 mark is interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6q_w...eature=related

he was disqualified for greasing (lotion LOL)
He was definitely "greased". Then when his opponent goes to put his leg up to get his head/arm that referee sure jumps in there pretty quick to stop the fight. Looks like something else was greased...

Has he done anything like this recently? I think it's pretty **** convenient that these guys (Y.A. and GSP) don't realize putting on "any" type of product that's gonna make you slippery is against the rules or that you don't realize your cornerman has vaseline on his hands (still) after putting it on your face and is now putting his hands on your body. But, maybe that's just me...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
It was ruled a NC, he wasn't dis qualified.

"
In regards to whether Akiyama had used any lubricants or oils on his body before entering the ring,
the inquiry revealed that while Akiyama had not intentionally applied any substances such as Vaseline or Thai oil,
he had applied a skin moisturizer beforehand, for cosmetic purposes. "

How many MMA fighters do you think put lotion on before fights?
and let it dry.... A lot more than Akiyama

Hopefully you really hate GSP then, or you're a hypocrite.
I thought the article said he was "suspended" indefinitely at the time (?).
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
It was ruled a NC, he wasn't dis qualified.

"
In regards to whether Akiyama had used any lubricants or oils on his body before entering the ring,
the inquiry revealed that while Akiyama had not intentionally applied any substances such as Vaseline or Thai oil,
he had applied a skin moisturizer beforehand, for cosmetic purposes. "

How many MMA fighters do you think put lotion on before fights?
and let it dry.... A lot more than Akiyama

Hopefully you really hate GSP then, or you're a hypocrite.
the record on Sherdog says NC but the video and articles say "disqualified"

either way, he cheated and had the win taken away.

i doubt any others do that, but Akiyama got caught.

i don't hate GSP but i gave him **** about his greasing for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I thought the article said he was "suspended" indefinitely at the time (?).
for Japan he was, not here.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,671
Default

Whose camp is he joining...GSP's?

You didn't answer my ?, Goat, has Y.A. done anything like this recently?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Whose camp is he joining...GSP's?

You didn't answer my ?, Goat, has Y.A. done anything like this recently?
he was accused of greasing his Gi at least once in Judo....i believe it was against Turkey but that was before this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.