Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Zuffa's Reaction to Fedor's Loss

Late Saturday night, a debate rages at Zuffa Headquarters

General Reed Harris: Until this monopoly is fully operational, we are vulnerable. The Strikeforce M-1 Global Alliance is too well equipped! They're more dangerous than you realize.
Admiral Marc Ratner: Dangerous to your WEC, Commander, not to this UFC.
Harris: Fedor will continue to gain a support with the Pride Nuthuggers-
Grand Dana White: [walking in] The Pride Nuthuggers will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that Fedor has been defeated by Fabricio Werdum in sixty nine seconds. The last remnants of Pride have been swept away.
Harris: That's impossible! How will the Fertitta's secure a complete monopoly without the crown jewel of Pride nuthuggery?
White: The Zuffa investors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local nuthuggers in line. Fear of this U-F-C!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

But on a serious note.

This from Patrick Miletich

I watched in amazement as Fedor was submitted by Fabricio Werdum. My heart sank not for Fedor but for the reality of perfection that is not attainable in the sport of MMA. All experienced fighters know you’re going to lose if you’re fighting world-class opponents, but Fedor was different.

I remember when he came on the scene in the Rings organization. My fighters and I were competing there during the dark years of the UFC. Nobody even noticed Fedor at first, but that soon changed. He was wrecking name fighters standing up and on the ground. I found it puzzling how this guy, short and average looking, was able to beat guys like Ricardo Arona.

We all know what followed, as Fedor would go on to mow through great fighters in their prime in the Pride organization.

Today on all the forums, Twitter and Facebook, people are saying they knew he wasn't the best fighter in the world. Really? All I can say is, he wasn't (Saturday) night.

Fabricio Werdum was insistent in his interview that Fedor is the best in the world. I respect Fabricio for saying this. This shows true class from a true world-class fighter, and Werdum is a true fighter. What Fedor said was something only a man like he could say. Fedor said, "A man that does not fall, does not stand up.”

I just wonder who out of all those who are so critical of this man will stand in front of him when he stands back up?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

But on a serious note.

This from Patrick Miletich

I watched in amazement as Fedor was submitted by Fabricio Werdum. My heart sank not for Fedor but for the reality of perfection that is not attainable in the sport of MMA. All experienced fighters know you’re going to lose if you’re fighting world-class opponents, but Fedor was different.

I remember when he came on the scene in the Rings organization. My fighters and I were competing there during the dark years of the UFC. Nobody even noticed Fedor at first, but that soon changed. He was wrecking name fighters standing up and on the ground. I found it puzzling how this guy, short and average looking, was able to beat guys like Ricardo Arona.

We all know what followed, as Fedor would go on to mow through great fighters in their prime in the Pride organization.

Today on all the forums, Twitter and Facebook, people are saying they knew he wasn't the best fighter in the world. Really? All I can say is, he wasn't (Saturday) night.

Fabricio Werdum was insistent in his interview that Fedor is the best in the world. I respect Fabricio for saying this. This shows true class from a true world-class fighter, and Werdum is a true fighter. What Fedor said was something only a man like he could say. Fedor said, "A man that does not fall, does not stand up.”

I just wonder who out of all those who are so critical of this man will stand in front of him when he stands back up?
Well said Pat!

For the first time Fedor has the opportunity to learn from a legitimate loss. something a lot of great fighters have done much earlier in their careers. The errors Fedor made against Werdum were probably the result of his confidence, afterall when has he lost due to an error.
I feel very sorry for the fighter who fights a refocused Fedor Emelianenko.

[
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Well said Pat!

For the first time Fedor has the opportunity to learn from a legitimate loss. something a lot of great fighters have done much earlier in their careers. The errors Fedor made against Werdum were probably the result of his confidence, afterall when has he lost due to an error.
I feel very sorry for the fighter who fights a refocused Fedor Emelianenko.
I think he has a good point about perfection in the sport also
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Fedor after loss to Werdum > UFC HW Division