Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM
surveyorshawn

Default Here I go again.....

Well, I haven't been able to train in several months due to some serious health problems that many of you know about. Even so, one of my friends called yesterday & said Rolles Gracie is coming to our main gym today in Hammond, LA, and asked if I wanted to go with him, so of course I couldn't turn this opportunity down. I have been feeling better and have actually been working for the past couple of months, so I may even get out on the mat a bit today. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post later!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
Well, I haven't been able to train in several months due to some serious health problems that many of you know about. Even so, one of my friends called yesterday & said Rolles Gracie is coming to our main gym today in Hammond, LA, and asked if I wanted to go with him, so of course I couldn't turn this opportunity down. I have been feeling better and have actually been working for the past couple of months, so I may even get out on the mat a bit today. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post later!
Great opportunity! Enjoy and we look forward to seeing the pics.

[
Old 06-27-2010, 05:38 PM

That's wonderful, news, Shawn. Hope your MS can stay in remission...hang in there!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 AM
surveyorshawn

This is me with Rolles Gracie. To put his size in perspective, I am 6'2" and 220 lbs. Rolles is a really big-framed guy! He was very nice and the seminar was great. Afterwards a few of us went out to eat with him and our main instructor, Rafael Ellwanger. It was cool listening to them talk about training in Brazil in the old days and tell funny stories about some of the famous people in our sport.

Thanks for the comments guys. I have been doing lots better. I thank everyone for the prayers about the bad times my family and I ran upon as well. Right after you guys started praying, work started coming in. God is amazing!!