Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-25-2009, 04:01 PM

You and your son are in my prayer. I agree that the fact that there is no bleeding is VERY positive. Just remember that accidents happen and not to be to hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know).
God bless you both!

[
Old 02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Primadawn

You're in my prayers, love. Hang in there--and don't beat yourself up--you can't have your eye on them every second. Praying he gets the care he needs.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

We will be ceaselessly in prayer over this
Old 02-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Chuck

How's your son doing today????
Old 02-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Twinsmama

He seems fine. His head doesn't even seem to be bothering him much. I finally got the dr to agree to come in on friday to meet with us at 1pm so I should know more tomorrow. I'm hoping they don't have to do surgery but I'm game for whatever will keep him safe. It's so weird that he seems fine but the drs are so worried about it. i'll let you guys know something as soon as I get home tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

(Chuck you don't fool me you were just hoping I was coming to Tampa! )
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
He seems fine. His head doesn't even seem to be bothering him much. I finally got the dr to agree to come in on friday to meet with us at 1pm so I should know more tomorrow. I'm hoping they don't have to do surgery but I'm game for whatever will keep him safe. It's so weird that he seems fine but the drs are so worried about it. i'll let you guys know something as soon as I get home tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

(Chuck you don't fool me you were just hoping I was coming to Tampa! )
Maybe We're headed to Daytona for Bike Week Saturday and we'll be back next weekend on Friday and Saturday. Why don't you head up and meet us???
Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Mac

Just Finished Praying . Please keep us updated on this, and dont beat yourself up . Kids do these things , its not you or your husbands fault , just make sure that little guy gets the best of everything.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Twinsmama

Just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. We talked to a pediatric neurosurgeon that gave us some good news. He says that Wyatt is the luckiest little boy he knows. The skull is fractured from the middle of the back of his head to the edge of the skull a little under his ear. Part of the skull was pushed in and it is actually overlapping some. He said there is some artery that runs under the skull right there and the dr just couldn't explain why it wasn't even nicked. He said that his eardrum is also fine. He can not do anything for the next 3 months that could hurt his head again. No bikes, scooters 4 wheelers or even recess at school. He is not happy about that but it could have been so much worse. The dr says he can try and tell us how lucky we are but we wouldn't even understand. He said the injury Wyatt had is usually a fatal injury and he just kept shaking his head and saying he just couldn't understand it himself. He said if that artery would have been nicked we wouldn't have been able to make it to the hospital with him. I feel like the luckiest person alive today. We definately have so much to be thankful for. When we got back in the car from the dr my husband looked at me and said "We need to go to church". that may not sound weird but i've been trying to get him to commit to going to church for a while and I am just excited that he saw this could only be explained as a miracle from god. Now we are on our way to get a Wii for the kids so that they stay indoors for a while. My kids have never seen a video game so this is going to be a fun weekend for them. Thanks again to all of you!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 PM

That is fantastic news!

So they don't need to do anything to fix the depression and overlap?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:13 PM
bradwright

hey thats great news,,just not sure the wii is the best choice in this situation,,Xbox or ps3 might be better,,ive seen kids in action playing wii and it can get pretty wild some times,,