Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Twinsmama

Default Please pray for my son

I'm sorry to bother you guys with this but I need as many prayers right now as I can get. It's a real long story but my son was playing on a roll bar (for a truck) that was in my yard. My husband just took it out and was about to move it so the kids wouldn't play on it because we were worried it would tip over. anyway it did and my son has a fractured skull right above his hairline. So we've been shuffled from drs to hospital to home. apparently there are no pediatric neuro drs in a few counties around here so they just sent us home as a wait and see. They did a cat scan and it showed a depressed fracture (said the radiologist). They sent us to ER so they could transport him to another county by ambulance or trauma hawk. when we got to the ER they didn't seem that concerned and are the ones that told us about no pediatric neuro drs. the ER had it listed as occipital fracture on his discharge papers. Their primary dr said if it was depressed that would mean surgury. He is only 4 and I'm totally freaking out. I'm feeling so guilty because I walked away for about 30 seconds and heard my daughter yelling so I ran over there to find him on the ground holding his head. I feel like I let my baby get hurt. I'm hoping to get some more info today from the cat scan report but the first appt i could get to see a neuro surgeon is monday !!! please pray that he will be okay......
Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
I'm sorry to bother you guys with this but I need as many prayers right now as I can get. It's a real long story but my son was playing on a roll bar (for a truck) that was in my yard. My husband just took it out and was about to move it so the kids wouldn't play on it because we were worried it would tip over. anyway it did and my son has a fractured skull right above his hairline. So we've been shuffled from drs to hospital to home. apparently there are no pediatric neuro drs in a few counties around here so they just sent us home as a wait and see. They did a cat scan and it showed a depressed fracture (said the radiologist). They sent us to ER so they could transport him to another county by ambulance or trauma hawk. when we got to the ER they didn't seem that concerned and are the ones that told us about no pediatric neuro drs. the ER had it listed as occipital fracture on his discharge papers. Their primary dr said if it was depressed that would mean surgury. He is only 4 and I'm totally freaking out. I'm feeling so guilty because I walked away for about 30 seconds and heard my daughter yelling so I ran over there to find him on the ground holding his head. I feel like I let my baby get hurt. I'm hoping to get some more info today from the cat scan report but the first appt i could get to see a neuro surgeon is monday !!! please pray that he will be okay......

I'm at work but I pray right now for you sister. Just try your best to stay calm and be strong twins. God bless and please keep us informed.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM

You're in my prayers! Like, Crisco, said, stay strong!

God Bless!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
CAVEMAN

I will definitley keep you and your son in my prayers! Keep us posted
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Black Mamba

Oh no, I hope everything works out for the better and stay strong too. You are definitely in my prayers.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
bradwright

i will pray for you and your son,,good luck.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Twinsmama

It is a depression of 5mm. Their primary dr said that is a lot but I can't get into the neuro surgeon until Monday. so she has me all worried now because she expressed that even though the ER sent us home she thinks that is a big depression. She did say there was no bleeding on his brain.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:42 PM
dawner1969

Oh honey, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. You all have our prayers.

I'm obviously no expert, but I'd say the fact that there is no bleeding is very good news.

Hugs
dawn
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Chuck

you got it sister. Call me if you need anything.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
rearnakedchoke

I will say some prayers and remember, it is never a bother to folks on here ...