Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-28-2010, 02:45 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Kindergarten graduation...

Do our taxes pay for things like that
I don't think there is usually anything to pay for.....it's just a little ceremony where the kids sing and dance and do little skits..........

In places where they have caps and gowns the parents supply them. Or the teachers buy them for the kids.................out of pocket.

On the flip side, you wouldn't believe how much flack I get for NOT having a graduation/ ceremony/ step-up program at the end of the year. I have had parents complain about it to my principal. I think it will be a matter of time before I am required to have one .........

Sometimes teachers do things because they are told to do it, not because they want to...........
Old 06-28-2010, 03:39 PM
BamaGrits84

1st of the fighting parents...I wasn't aware the Diaz brothers had 5 year olds. But seriously, our world is getting more screwed up by the generation and these events are exactly why. What a bunch os idiots.

2nd on kids defending themselves, my 5 year old is huge. He wear a size 8 clothing. He's was the biggest kid in pre-school & now is the biggest kid in his group at summer day camp. We always taught our kids to defend themselves if someone was bullying them. Well a few weeks ago I get a call and his couselor says Jacob BIT someone. I was shocked because even as a toddler he never bit anyone. So I have him get on the phone and ask him why in the world he bit someone. He dead serious answer "Because you told me not to hit anyone smaller than me." I had to mute my phone for a second so he didn't hear me laughing. We had to have a talk that night about when and where you need to defend yourself and when and where you need to let an adult handle it.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Victorville has pretty houses however all of the LA trash migrate there shall I say G*H*E*T*T*O...
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
1st of the fighting parents...I wasn't aware the Diaz brothers had 5 year olds. But seriously, our world is getting more screwed up by the generation and these events are exactly why. What a bunch os idiots.

2nd on kids defending themselves, my 5 year old is huge. He wear a size 8 clothing. He's was the biggest kid in pre-school & now is the biggest kid in his group at summer day camp. We always taught our kids to defend themselves if someone was bullying them. Well a few weeks ago I get a call and his couselor says Jacob BIT someone. I was shocked because even as a toddler he never bit anyone. So I have him get on the phone and ask him why in the world he bit someone. He dead serious answer "Because you told me not to hit anyone smaller than me." I had to mute my phone for a second so he didn't hear me laughing. We had to have a talk that night about when and where you need to defend yourself and when and where you need to let an adult handle it.

That's hysterical!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
My youngest was telling me the other day he was having a problem with one of his classmates, he told me what was going on, he told me he had tried everything to get him to stop, I told him that sometimes the only way to make it stop is to Bust him in the chop's, but make sure the teach don't see it.
Word!! I had the same problem with my daughter in her old school.. Girls picked on her and the Assistant A*s oops principal only caught the tail end when my daughter was telling them off.. Anyways those girls had a plan to jump my daughter.. 3 on 1.. I had warned the Vice Principal and he did not intervene. I told my daughter if that happens just pound on one of em.. Well lets just say her dad and I taught her boxing at age 3 so my lil tiny girl protected herself and those girls mainly the 1 she focused on had a busted face... Sorry it sounds bad, but it was either that or my daughter on the floor being attacked like an animal!!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Word!! I had the same problem with my daughter in her old school.. Girls picked on her and the Assistant A*s oops principal only caught the tail end when my daughter was telling them off.. Anyways those girls had a plan to jump my daughter.. 3 on 1.. I had warned the Vice Principal and he did not intervene. I told my daughter if that happens just pound on one of em.. Well lets just say her dad and I taught her boxing at age 3 so my lil tiny girl protected herself and those girls mainly the 1 she focused on had a busted face... Sorry it sounds bad, but it was either that or my daughter on the floor being attacked like an animal!!
Good for you & good for your daughter!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
that doesn't sound bad! kids need to stand up for themselves to bullies! i've told my kids i won't put up with them being a bully but if they get in trouble for defending themselves i'll stand up for them to a teacher, principal, or anyone's parent. i actaully think me kids are looking forward to the day when i get to stand up to someone's parent.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
that doesn't sound bad! kids need to stand up for themselves to bullies! i've told my kids i won't put up with them being a bully but if they get in trouble for defending themselves i'll stand up for them to a teacher, principal, or anyone's parent. i actaully think me kids are looking forward to the day when i get to stand up to someone's parent.
Hahaha, can you get your kids to video tape that day so we can all watch, too???
Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I don't think there is usually anything to pay for.....it's just a little ceremony where the kids sing and dance and do little skits..........

In places where they have caps and gowns the parents supply them. Or the teachers buy them for the kids.................out of pocket.

On the flip side, you wouldn't believe how much flack I get for NOT having a graduation/ ceremony/ step-up program at the end of the year. I have had parents complain about it to my principal. I think it will be a matter of time before I am required to have one .........

Sometimes teachers do things because they are told to do it, not because they want to...........
Why would parents want to waste their time doing something like this?? It's kindergarten, and a kids job is to be a student. There is really nothing to celebrate about it at that age. Now, 12 years later is another story, but I think that we want to build up our kids "achievements" way too much with stuff like this.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Why would parents want to waste their time doing something like this?? It's kindergarten, and a kids job is to be a student. There is really nothing to celebrate about it at that age. Now, 12 years later is another story, but I think that we want to build up our kids "achievements" way too much with stuff like this.
Why wouldnt we? They are 5 yr olds positive reinforcement and rewards go a long way!!