Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I love that quote from the Incredibles!

My kids graduated Pre-school and then Kindergarten.... I'm already sick of it.

On a side note: This thread reminded me of what happened at the water park today. I so wished I had a camera with me at the time! This little boy broke line in front of my son at the fire hose that squirted water. My son had been waiting very patiently while this other boy (been there forEVER) had been playing. My son politely tapped the boy on the shoulder and said "I was here first and I'm next." They other boy just turned around and started grabbing the fire hose away from hose-hog boy. My son grabbed his shoulder and pushed him out of line. The boy slapped my son's arm away (hard too!). My son stepped back with no change in facial expression. I thought he would walk away or come crying to me. Obviously the other boy thought that, too. But my son (looking all casual like too ) grabbed the kids arm, spun him around, and kicked the boy in the stomach. The boy stumbled back and my son got back in line.

Of course he got into trouble for fighting but I had no idea he was like that. (Not my angel! Right?)
Hey, he tried to tell the kid politely; I guess he realized he was gonna have to say it a different way. Admit it, you were proud of him for handling the situation (even if you couldn't tell him that).
Old 06-27-2010, 02:42 AM

WAR SON OF NEEZAR!!!

Hey, he got hit first, the other kid deserved it!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Stump Rules!

LOVE IT!

Quote:

On a side note: This thread reminded me of what happened at the water park today. I so wished I had a camera with me at the time! This little boy broke line in front of my son at the fire hose that squirted water. My son had been waiting very patiently while this other boy (been there forEVER) had been playing. My son politely tapped the boy on the shoulder and said "I was here first and I'm next." They other boy just turned around and started grabbing the fire hose away from hose-hog boy. My son grabbed his shoulder and pushed him out of line. The boy slapped my son's arm away (hard too!). My son stepped back with no change in facial expression. I thought he would walk away or come crying to me. Obviously the other boy thought that, too. But my son (looking all casual like too ) grabbed the kids arm, spun him around, and kicked the boy in the stomach. The boy stumbled back and my son got back in line.

Of course he got into trouble for fighting but I had no idea he was like that. (Not my angel! Right?)

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Silverback

Quote:
I love that quote from the Incredibles!

My kids graduated Pre-school and then Kindergarten.... I'm already sick of it.

War Sneezer's Son
Old 06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
County Mike

Quote:

Of course he got into trouble for fighting but I had no idea he was like that.
Why did he get in trouble? He should get an award for standing up for himself. Ice cream cones on the way home from the water park!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Why did he get in trouble? He should get an award for standing up for himself. Ice cream cones on the way home from the water park!
Yes CM is right, that a boy, go for ice cream and call me, I'll buy.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Silverback

My youngest was telling me the other day he was having a problem with one of his classmates, he told me what was going on, he told me he had tried everything to get him to stop, I told him that sometimes the only way to make it stop is to Bust him in the chop's, but make sure the teach don't see it.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
My youngest was telling me the other day he was having a problem with one of his classmates, he told me what was going on, he told me he had tried everything to get him to stop, I told him that sometimes the only way to make it stop is to Bust him in the chop's, but make sure the teach don't see it.
Haha. My mom basically told me the same thing.

Me: Mom. This kid at school is picking on me.
Mom: Pop him in the mouth.
Me: OK

2 days later.
Me: Mom. I got suspended.
Mom: Did you win?
Me: Yes.
Mom: OK
Old 06-27-2010, 06:08 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Haha. My mom basically told me the same thing.

Me: Mom. This kid at school is picking on me.
Mom: Pop him in the mouth.
Me: OK

2 days later.
Me: Mom. I got suspended.
Mom: Did you win?
Me: Yes.
Mom: OK

Well I did have a little mental struggle on whether or not to reprimand him. I told him that he knew he wasn't supposed to be fighting. He kinda hung his head and started towards me and I said, "No, stay there. Keep your place in line." Then I turned away from him and me and niece started laughing.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Hughes fanboy

Kindergarten graduation...

Do our taxes pay for things like that

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/