Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-26-2010, 05:44 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Was this the "slippery judo jacket"?

Seriously, Akiyama needs to just quit whining and fight the replacement fight he is being given. It's been a year since he's last fought and if he cares about having any relevance amongst the top names he should gladly fight Leben as a replacement. Leben is certainly not Wandy, but it's a much better option than not fighting at all and pissing off Joe Silva and Dana White.
You can't blame the guy about his unwillingness to fight Leben, Leben is a roider, what if he gets hurt??? haha

Actually with the way the UFC does business your pretty much screwed, dont fight your out of a job, don't win or are a money draw your out of a job.
Personally thjough I would take the fight, Leben's style is pretty close to Wande,
Old 06-26-2010, 06:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
You can't blame the guy about his unwillingness to fight Leben, Leben is a roider, what if he gets hurt??? haha

Actually with the way the UFC does business your pretty much screwed, dont fight your out of a job, don't win or are a money draw your out of a job.
Personally thjough I would take the fight, Leben's style is pretty close to Wande,
The UFC does a good job of screwing people over when they step on the business's toes.

You don't even have to be one of their fighters. This week the UFC made Tapout pull their planned sponsorship with Fedor for his fight tonight or the UFC would ban Tapout from being able to sponsor anything UFC related.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:14 PM
jignpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Cut this douchebag. What a disrespect to Leben.
took the words out of my mouth! and if im correct, lebon just fought! so i doubt he has had alot of time to recoup,and prepare! but hes a warrior! and stinkyamma is a wipolina!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 PM
logrus

Quote:
The UFC does a good job of screwing people over when they step on the business's toes.

You don't even have to be one of their fighters. This week the UFC made Tapout pull their planned sponsorship with Fedor for his fight tonight or the UFC would ban Tapout from being able to sponsor anything UFC related.
They been doing that kind of strangle hold on outside companies, that are highly respected in the MMA community. Sad that it has to trickle towards other organizations and fighters. It really is Dana taking money out of other fighters hands. An then he wants to turn around and cry about it when hes on the recieving end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignpig View Post
took the words out of my mouth! and if im correct, lebon just fought! so i doubt he has had alot of time to recoup,and prepare! but hes a warrior! and stinkyamma is a wipolina!
A warrior busted for PED's lol. You guys cant whine bout it one minute, then praise the guy the next minute...
Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:

That bites. Big time.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 PM

Well, the UFC is a monopoly with Dana as their not-so-benevolent Dictator, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

But it REALLY irks me that they strong-armed Tapout.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

the guy seems a little up himself to me.

Is Leben not good enough for him to fight watch him go loooooose now
Old 06-27-2010, 02:00 AM
donaldbreland

I actually think Leben is better than Wandy at this point. I mean wandy is 2-5 in his last 7 fights. I know he has fought some very good fighters but still. I think Leben stands a good chance at beating this guy.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 AM
donaldbreland

But if I had my pick I would have sexyama fight Belcher again.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Apparently Leben's not too worried abuot this match-up:

Quote:
"I think heís basically a little slower version of the guy I just fought. Heís an awesome judo player, heís got fast kicks, but I donít think heís got near the wrestling that Aaron Simpson has and I donít think heís got knockout power. But itís a great fight and an opportunity I couldnít pass up."