Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
well that sucks. At least I will get to see Leben KOed
We'll see about that!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
well that sucks. At least I will get to see Leben KOed
This is a best case for Leben. Doing a big favor to Joe Silva and having just fought and sustained no injuries. Akyama hasn't fought in a very long time, Leben looked like a tank against Simpson.

This could set upa fight between Wandy and leben which would be a great fight I think.

[
Old 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

A pair of quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlei Silva
"I went through a very tense and difficult weekend and had a very hard decision. Two weeks ago I felt pain in my knee while I was training wrestling. I had an MRI of my knee and three doctors told me my knee was torn. I took medicine to help with the pain, and although my knee felt loose, I said 'no,' this date is very important to me and I continued training. Last Friday, during sparring, I injured my rib. It was very painful and the next day I had an x-ray and an MRI. I discovered I had three broken ribs. After years of fighting, my body made me stop this time. This is a very, very, very hard moment for me. This was a fight I really, really desired. You cannot imagine how much I wanted to fight on this card. It was my birthday, I had friends and family from Brazil and around the world coming to see me and now I cannot fight. I apologize to my opponent. I hope that I can fight with you in the future. You are an amazing fighter."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Leben
"The UFC called me and they said Wanderlei was hurt and they want me to fight Akiyama ... At first I said no because I woke up in the morning, my phone was ringing and I was sore and it doesnít make sense to take a fight when youíre not prepared and training for it. But then as I thought about it, you know, Iím a fighter, this is what I do. Why would I not take a great opportunity? It would be stupid of me. Not to mention that but I want to be a company man with the UFC, I want them to be happy with me. I donít know a ton about Akiyama. My coach knows a bunch, but we havenít even had a chance to talk much about our game plan. I saw him fight Alan Belcher and to be honest with you, I thought he lost that fight. Heís a good Judo guy, heís got great Judo, fast kicks, maybe not the most power in the world. Heís a little bit shorter than me but heís a good strong guy. I think that utilizing my skills, keeping it on the feet and clubbing him in the head with my left shouldnít be too much of a problem."