Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default THQ Announces a Different Kind of UFC Game

Brendan Sinclair of Gamespot has reported that THQ unveiled its plans for a new UFC video game this week at E3, the industryís largest and most famous showcase conference. The game, tentatively called UFC Trainer, will utilize the latest in motion sensor technology on the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 consoles to allow players to use their own movements to control the actions of their on-screen fighters.
Payout Perspective:
This is one of those ideas that sounds really great in theory, but I question how well itís actually going to translate into the game. Iíll reserve judgment until gamers get to test this thing out, but color me skeptical; it seems quite difficult to accurately mimic the contact involved between two fighters in MMA (especially juxtaposed to the way you might be able to mimic the movement in a first-person shooter).
Moreover, I wonder if the release of this game might also cannibalize sales of the Undisputed title; itself, currently suffering from a bit of the sophomore jinx.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

THQ will find a way to screw this up.

They aren't the ones I would put stock into at this point, especially when you are talking about using motion control on 3 different platforms.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Buc Nasty

I still don't see the appeal of the Wii, let alone all these new motion detector devices coming out on Xbox 360 and PS3. Who honestly wants to swing their arms about like a moron hoping it registers correctly instead of playing on a good ol' pad or arcade stick?