Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
There are ads for it on the Madden 11. They are offering downloads of Frank Shamrock, Herschel Walker, and Big John McCarthy when you preorder the game.
Heavywieght Roster:

Light Heavyweight roster:

Pre-order characters:

Frank from Wal-Mart, Big John from Best Buy & Herchel from GameStop
Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

"A Crash Course in EA MMA: Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Rosters Now Official "

Quote:
Electronic Arts, one of the biggest and most famous video game publishing companies on the planet, seems to be plowing full-tilt ahead with their upcoming MMA video game, “EA Sports MMA”. EA Sports is currently in the midst of revealing the official roster of the game, and so far, a complete list of both the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight division fighters has been revealed. In addition, EA Sports MMA recently released a teaser video touting the game’s expansive online mode. For those in need of a refresher course, or even an introduction, here’s a quick rundown of what’s known about EA MMA so far, including the latest roster reveals.

1. The fighting system is a heavily-modified version of EA Sports’ premier boxing video game franchise, Fight Night. Punches are controlled using one of the analog sticks, and there is a button modifier that will allow for kicks.

2. The career mode will take your fighter around the world, with the ultimate goal being to sign to a major, real-life promotion, such as Strikeforce or the Japan-based DREAM. Both promotions have been confirmed as official leagues of the game, with Strikeforce being called the “premier league”.

3. Since the game features different locations around the world, different rules and venues are available. For example, it’s been revealed that you can compete in a Strikeforce cage, a rounded cage, and a ring. Different rulesets will allow everything from knees to the head of a grounded opponent to soccer kicks and stomps.

4. The official Heavyweight roster is as follows: Brett Rogers, Bob Sapp, Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, Andreas Kraniotakes, Hidehiko Yoshida, Andrei Arlovski, Muhammed Lawal, Jeff Monson, Ken Shamrock, Kevin Randleman, Bobby Lashley, Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko, Alistair Overeem, and Fabricio Werdum.

5. The Light Heavyweight roster is as follows: Murilo Rua, Matt Lindland, Kevin Randleman, Dan Henderson, Alistair Overeem, Vladimir Matyushenko, Muhammed Lawal, Scott Smith, Roger Gracie, Melvin Manhoef, Ken Shamrock, Jason Miller, Bas Rutten, Randy Couture, Renato Sobral, Gegard Mousasi, and Frank Shamrock.

6. The Create-a-Fighter is being touted as very in-depth, and there is an option to have a photo of your face digitized and put onto your created character.

7. The online mode is very expansive. Standard ranked and non-ranked modes are present, as is a specialty “booker” mode where you and up to nine other people can book and then compete in an event. All ten people can commentate during each match. EA Sports will also hold live specialty events featuring top-ranked players that will compete with thousands of spectators watching.

8. EA Sports is putting a lot of time into developing the EA Sports MMA community. Players can download each other’s recent fights, view highlights and replays, and even download each other’s created fighters.

9. EA Sports MMA is scheduled for an October 19 release on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 video game consoles.
That’s all the big news so far, fans and friends. As a self-professed hardcore gamer, I felt pretty hesitant about spending my money on this game when it was first revealed. After closely following the various update videos, press releases, interviews, and things of that nature, and especially after the colossal letdown that was UFC Undisputed 2010, more and more I find myself thinking that EA MMA is a can’t-miss title. The various modes and features seem to provide, on paper, a source of near-infinite replayability. If it catches on and the community grows strong, there’s a very real possibility that you’ll never have the same fight twice.

I admit that I was a little let down that the Light Heavyweight roster consists of so many cross-division fighters: Randy Couture is already in at Heavyweight, for example, as is Alistair Overeem, Muhammed Lawal, Ken Shamrock, etc. It’s also apparent that the non-Heavyweight Light Heavyweights will wind up in other divisions as well: I’m almost positive that we’ll see Jason Miller, Scott Smith, and Dan Henderson all revealed as part of the game’s Middleweight roster.
Seems like they don't have enough guys to fill up individual weight classes, so they're doubling up. A lot.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

MW Roster now up:

I thought you had to pre-order to get Frank?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

They have revealed one of the arenas available:

Cowboy Stadium -
Old 08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
They have revealed one of the arenas available:

Cowboy Stadium -
That's sweet...

If Toney beats Couture EA should call him up and see if they can extend the deal they made with him for Fight Night and put him in this game. That would be hilarious.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Has Jake Shields changed his name by Deedpole, or have they just made a terribilis error calling him "Jack"
Old 08-26-2010, 08:55 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Has Jake Shields changed his name by Deedpole, or have they just made a terribilis error calling him "Jack"
Nope, I'd say that's on purpose. They're doing everything they can to not advertise a UFC fighter without losing the money they've spent rendering his character.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Nope, I'd say that's on purpose. They're doing everything they can to not advertise a UFC fighter without losing the money they've spent rendering his character.
They didn't change any names with Couture or Matushyenko though
Old 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Rochambeau

How good is the Middleweight roster? I'm going to have fun playing with Joe Riggs! I'm pretty sure that EA are giving us an excellent game.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
They didn't change any names with Couture or Matushyenko though
True, & now that they've released the WW & LW rankings, they've him listed as Jake again. Weird.