Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Screen shot of EA's MMA video game

Is it just me, or does this look like clay-mation?

Old 06-16-2010, 07:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I think it looks good, and I expect EA to blow Yukes/THQ out of the water in terms of gameplay.

Speaking of which, the sales of the new UFC game are way down, and THQ reportedly took a big hit on their stocks.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I think it looks good, and I expect EA to blow Yukes/THQ out of the water in terms of gameplay.

Speaking of which, the sales of the new UFC game are way down, and THQ reportedly took a big hit on their stocks.
Yeah, as I look at it again, it's not as bad as I thought. I think Fedor's gloves struck me as a bit cartoonish at first (no idea why) & that colored my perception a bit.

I'd love for EA to blow THQ outta the water, then take over THQ's contract w/ the UFC.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, as I look at it again, it's not as bad as I thought. I think Fedor's gloves struck me as a bit cartoonish at first (no idea why) & that colored my perception a bit.

I'd love for EA to blow THQ outta the water, then take over THQ's contract w/ the UFC.
I hear ya, it would be great to have the UFC roster on an EA game, but this could be good for strikeforce too.

I also hear that you will be able to fight in many different arenas including rings, cages, and open areas, as well as being able to use Vale Tudo rules.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:42 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
I hear ya, it would be great to have the UFC roster on an EA game, but this could be good for strikeforce too.

I also hear that you will be able to fight in many different arenas including rings, cages, and open areas, as well as being able to use Vale Tudo rules.
Man, that'd be pretty tight.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM
logrus

Quote:

EA is going all out for this MMA game, You will be able to upload footage of you trash talking to hype your fight, fights between players will actually be broadcast live for those selected at Random to do battle.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post...A-Trailer.html

Actual real commentating as well lol, Nice
Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 PM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
EA is going all out for this MMA game, You will be able to upload footage of you trash talking to hype your fight, fights between players will actually be broadcast live for those selected at Random to do battle.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post...A-Trailer.html

Actual real commentating as well lol, Nice
was watching EA talk about it yesterday, they are gonna start having premium online options for all there games for a monthly fee, didnt say much about what the fees would be but they already plan multiple packages (example there shooter games are in one package, football is seperate, mma is different, or a bundle kit where you get it all)

the premium MMA sounded great in theory, their main points being tournaments where players are selected at random and matched based on performance to compete for prizes, the part i cant quite figure out is that they plan to have real commentators and expect to have tons of players tuneing in to watch it the mock-PPV type event, i just dont see that turning out like they are saying it will
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2130 View Post
was watching EA talk about it yesterday, they are gonna start having premium online options for all there games for a monthly fee, didnt say much about what the fees would be but they already plan multiple packages (example there shooter games are in one package, football is seperate, mma is different, or a bundle kit where you get it all)

the premium MMA sounded great in theory, their main points being tournaments where players are selected at random and matched based on performance to compete for prizes, the part i cant quite figure out is that they plan to have real commentators and expect to have tons of players tuneing in to watch it the mock-PPV type event, i just dont see that turning out like they are saying it will
If they go to a MONTHLY fee, gamers are going to revolt.

All of the new EA games are already starting to charge for online access. If you buy a game brand new, they will give you a code to redeem it for free, but if you rent the game or buy it used, you have to pay to access the online features. Okay, I understand the logic behind that, even if I think it's lame, but how are they gonna justify a monthly access fee?

Premium content is already getting way out of hand. Between Madden 10 and Fight Night Round 4 alone I have spent a BUNCH of money on crap like extra fighters, extra game-modes, power-ups, etc... Heck, they soak you like 2 or 3 bucks for a feature that will let you keep a player from retiring during your Dynasty mode on Madden, but when you bring the guy back, his stats drop and the price tag for his salary goes up! I understand keeping it real, but that's friggin ridiculous.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 PM
logrus

Quote:
If they go to a MONTHLY fee, gamers are going to revolt.

All of the new EA games are already starting to charge for online access. If you buy a game brand new, they will give you a code to redeem it for free, but if you rent the game or buy it used, you have to pay to access the online features. Okay, I understand the logic behind that, even if I think it's lame, but how are they gonna justify a monthly access fee?

Premium content is already getting way out of hand. Between Madden 10 and Fight Night Round 4 alone I have spent a BUNCH of money on crap like extra fighters, extra game-modes, power-ups, etc... Heck, they soak you like 2 or 3 bucks for a feature that will let you keep a player from retiring during your Dynasty mode on Madden, but when you bring the guy back, his stats drop and the price tag for his salary goes up! I understand keeping it real, but that's friggin ridiculous.
I can see why they are spear heading resale on games because it is a lot of loss revenue that could be going back into the company to continue to improve on games. Free content, free exclusive items. Its a great idea. The only thing that seems odd is giving free in game codes for an item to a company which bases 3/4 of its revenue off of resales.

I never played Madden or Fight Night JB. I didnt know they were charging for the things you talked about, seems kinda stupid and its taking a part of the game away from its player base.

I don't think the players will turn out if you have to pay for the service for "live broadcast". I could see it being popular if it was a gold membership for 360 or part of the new premium service for Ps3. I cant see fans jumping on paying for something that they have less then a 1% chance of being involved in..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I can see why they are spear heading resale on games because it is a lot of loss revenue that could be going back into the company to continue to improve on games. Free content, free exclusive items. Its a great idea. The only thing that seems odd is giving free in game codes for an item to a company which bases 3/4 of its revenue off of resales.

I never played Madden or Fight Night JB. I didnt know they were charging for the things you talked about, seems kinda stupid and its taking a part of the game away from its player base.

I don't think the players will turn out if you have to pay for the service for "live broadcast". I could see it being popular if it was a gold membership for 360 or part of the new premium service for Ps3. I cant see fans jumping on paying for something that they have less then a 1% chance of being involved in..
Exactly, the resale market is the biggest part of the video game industry.

I can understand why they want to make some extra money by offering the silly extra downloads like I was talking about, or even asking for a small fee from the people who bought the game used to help maintain the servers for online gaming. However, before they make that end-user pay for the Online features, they should get to try it out first, even if it's only for a day. They could just link it to the Xbox or PS3 gamertag in that respect. The reason I say this is, look at the new UFC game. That game completely sucks online according to 90% of the people who own it, yet they are charging the resale customers to use it.

If they are seriously planning a monthly fee, there better be some BAD ASS stuff going on, or nobody is gonna buy it. These aren't World of Warcraft nerds we are talking about here.