Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-18-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I have to disagree jojo . I have got to respect a man that goes out with the intentions of taking out one of the worst people of our generation before he has a chance to use a couple more airplanes to destroy a few more familys by killing Moms , Dads and small children.
I understand that mindset, I really do, but for me he needs to be brought to justice, not murdered in a cave. I saw the attack, i was working right across the bay that day, I watched it all before racing home to protect my family from what I believed to be war. I had a close friends father die trying to save people from that tragedy. Don't get me wrong, sometimes loving my enemies is the hardest rule to follow.... at times I have trouble just loving my neighbors, but it doesn't change whats right. You can't answer evil with more evil. If you believe in objective moral laws than you believe in god and if you believe in God I assume you believe you should attempt to live by his rules, do you think Jesus would support this man? BUT I do understand your point of view, maybe i'm just naive, but i personally feel it's not our place to do this, bring him in to justice to answer for his horrible crimes, but renegade murder is something entirely different. This guy is confused, he's doing this in the name of Christianity (I assume), which is no different than muslims killing in the name of their faith.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 AM

I think we can all appreciate the warrior heart that drives good to want to conquer evil. But, I know you are right, JoJo. Vengence is God's.

I take heart in knowing Bin Laden won't escape God's justice.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-18-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo View Post
I don't admire the guy, if he's carrying scripture around it's probably from the qur'an cause he's acting more like a muslim than a Christian, my bible is pretty clear on what he's trying to do.

Romans 12:19
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place to wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, said the Lord.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Matthew 5:38
You have heard that it has been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say to you, That you resist not evil: but whoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Proverbs 25:26
As a troubled fountain, and a corrupted spring,'so is a righteous man that giveth way before the wicked.
Love this, Jojo!

On the joking side, you said he was acting more like a muslim.- Maybe he figured it takes a muslim to beat a muslim. lol
Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I have to disagree jojo . I have got to respect a man that goes out with the intentions of taking out one of the worst people of our generation before he has a chance to use a couple more airplanes to destroy a few more familys by killing Moms , Dads and small children.
+1!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
PESHAWAR, Pakistan — An American armed with a pistol and a 40-inch sword was detained in northern Pakistan and told investigators he was on a solo mission to kill Usama bin Laden, a police officer said Tuesday.

The man was identified as 52-year-old Californian construction worker Gary Brooks Faulkner, said officer Mumtaz Ahmad Khan.

He was picked up in a forest in the Chitral region late on Sunday, he said.

"We initially laughed when he told us that he wanted to kill Usama bin Laden," said Khan. But he said when officers seized the pistol, the sword and night-vision equipment, "our suspicion grew."

He was questioned Tuesday by intelligence officials in Peshawar, the main northwestern city.

Faulkner told police he visited Pakistan seven times, and this was his third trip to Chitral.

Police alleged the American intended to travel to the eastern Afghan region of Nuristan, just across the border from Chitral.

The area is among several rumored hiding places for the Al Qaeda leader, who has evaded a massive U.S. effort to capture him since 2001. Bin Laden is accused of being behind the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States, as well other terrorist acts.

Khan said Faulkner was also carrying a book containing Christian verses and teachings.

When asked why he thought he had a chance of tracing bin Laden, Faulkner replied, "God is with me, and I am confident I will be successful in killing him," said Khan.

Faulkner arrived in the Chitrali town of Bumburate on June 3 and stayed in a hotel there.

He was assigned a police guard, as is quite common for foreigners visiting remote parts of Pakistan. When he checked out without informing police, officers began hunting for him, said Khan.

U.S. Embassy spokesman Richard Snelsire said the mission had received notification from Pakistani officials that an American citizen had been arrested. He said embassy officials were trying to meet the man and confirm his identity.
GOOD. I very much doubt that Pakistan (which until recently was a Military Dictatorship...not sure if it still is) would allow what is effectively Bounty Hunting. You have to understand, thats not legal in most countries in the world...we would call that sort of person an Assasine if they planned to kill, and just a criminal if they were not. Police are supposed to catch Criminals, The Armed Forces is supposed to catch Terrorists.

Civilians shouldnt be doing either!

And, I'm not impressed by him carrying scriptures either...whats he going to do...is he trying to kill or convert?? "Repay noone evil for evil, but over come evil with good" I dont think GOD would approve of what this man was trying to do.

Infact...Osama may even carry a Cain like Mark for what he's done. When GOD actually curses someone, he wants them to live under that curse, and they actually gain an ironic type of safety from being killed for their crimes...just like when Cain killed Abel...GOD cursed him, and then he put a protective dome around the man, saying that if anyone tried to kill him, they would be cursed seven fold. Its all there in Genesis.

I have often wondered if Adolf Hitler carried that sort of mark, because the guy was subject to so many assassination attempts and just wouldnt die, it staggers statistics. I used to think he had demonic protection...but I wonder now what a curse is. I wonder if it is the same as hardening someones heart, effectively handing them over to the enemy...and therefore they have, some, slight, protection.

Anywhoooo Its one thing for the State to kill, its another thing for a man. A State is permitted...a Man is not. When a Legion goes to war, they represent their country, when an executioner kills, he represents his country. When some bizzare man decides to go and committ murder...he does so alone, and GOD doesnt approve of that...infact GOD really, really, really dislikes that sort of thing...and its the type of thing that causes the whole family to loose favour....its the sort of action that might effect his children, and grandchildren.

Last edited by Tyburn; 06-18-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
GOOD. I very much doubt that Pakistan (which until recently was a Military Dictatorship...not sure if it still is) would allow what is effectively Bounty Hunting. You have to understand, thats not legal in most countries in the world...we would call that sort of person an Assasine if they planned to kill, and just a criminal if they were not. Police are supposed to catch Criminals, The Armed Forces is supposed to catch Terrorists.

Civilians shouldnt be doing either!

And, I'm not impressed by him carrying scriptures either...whats he going to do...is he trying to kill or convert?? "Repay noone evil for evil, but over come evil with good" I dont think GOD would approve of what this man was trying to do.

Infact...Osama may even carry a Cain like Mark for what he's done. When GOD actually curses someone, he wants them to live under that curse, and they actually gain an ironic type of safety from being killed for their crimes...just like when Cain killed Abel...GOD cursed him, and then he put a protective dome around the man, saying that if anyone tried to kill him, they would be cursed seven fold. Its all there in Genesis.

I have often wondered if Adolf Hitler carried that sort of mark, because the guy was subject to so many assassination attempts and just wouldnt die, it staggers statistics. I used to think he had demonic protection...but I wonder now what a curse is. I wonder if it is the same as hardening someones heart, effectively handing them over to the enemy...and therefore they have, some, slight, protection.

Anywhoooo Its one thing for the State to kill, its another thing for a man. A State is permitted...a Man is not. When a Legion goes to war, they represent their country, when an executioner kills, he represents his country. When some bizzare man decides to go and committ murder...he does so alone, and GOD doesnt approve of that...infact GOD really, really, really dislikes that sort of thing...and its the type of thing that causes the whole family to loose favour....its the sort of action that might effect his children, and grandchildren.
Ok fine, you said it better than both of mine....jerk

Old 06-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Ok fine, you said it better than both of mine....jerk
I would say I paraphrased you....but that usually means making a script shorter, and I think mine was double yours in length

Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I would say I paraphrased you....but that usually means making a script shorter, and I think mine was double yours in length

wait, so it was 2x better than mine!? Damn you and your superior intellect

Old 06-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
wait, so it was 2x better than mine!? Damn you and your superior intellect
No...The opposite...mine was twice as long as yours to get the same point across..

Therefore yours was better

<insert muscle flex here>

Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo

"it was 2x better than mine!?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

"mine was twice as long as yours"
Boys, boys, no need to start comparing.... Both of yours were.....adequate.

I'm sorry, y'all made that too easy!

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-18-2010 at 08:44 PM.