Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2009, 02:39 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Do you realize that those numbers were just tripled in about 2 months?!

which numbers would that be,,the 550 billion or the 10 TRILLION,,

neither one was tripled,,
Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Iraq, Bush started withdrawing troops last October and their focus was turning to Afghanistan before Obama was even elected. The troop surge in Iraq worked and we won the war.
exactly what was won in Iraq?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
exactly what was won in Iraq?
Well, the government just had their first free elections and are well on their way to becoming a self-sufficient nation. Talk to the US soldiers who are actually there on the ground, don't listen to the reporters with a liberal agenda who have never even visited the country, because they are lying through their teeth.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can abandon Iraq now, but that's nothing new. We're still in Germany, even though WW2 ended in 1945 and they reunified in 1990, and we're still in Korea, even though they signed a cease fire in 1953.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:09 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
which numbers would that be,,the 550 billion or the 10 TRILLION,,

neither one was tripled,,
So, I exaggerated a little.

The deficit he inherited from Bush was $400 billion and he just spent that amount in a couple of months. Better?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Well, the government just had their first free elections and are well on their way to becoming a self-sufficient nation. Talk to the US soldiers who are actually there on the ground, don't listen to the reporters with a liberal agenda who have never even visited the country, because they are lying through their teeth.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can abandon Iraq now, but that's nothing new. We're still in Germany, even though WW2 ended in 1945 and they reunified in 1990, and we're still in Korea, even though they signed a cease fire in 1953.
Iran is licking there chops at the prospects of the troops being pulled out and the war being declared over,and after a couple of years there will be a new dictator calling the shots,
Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Iran is licking there chops at the prospects of the troops being pulled out and the war being declared over,and after a couple of years there will be a new dictator calling the shots,
Well, Saddam and his two sons were torturing and killing hundreds of thousands of their own citizens. So we did the right thing in toppling his dictatorship.

It might not have been convenient for us, but the right thing rarely is.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
So, I exaggerated a little.

The deficit he inherited from Bush was $400 billion and he just spent that amount in a couple of months. Better?
thats better,an honest mistake on your part i'm sure,,i'd say no hard feelings but i would be LYING,,

just kidding,,we all make mistakes,,even i have been wrong before,,you see one time i thought i was wrong but actually i was right so really i was wrong,see what i mean?
just dont let it happen again,

okay okay easy now,,i was just kidding,,
Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Well, Saddam and his two sons were torturing and killing hundreds of thousands of their own citizens. So we did the right thing in toppling his dictatorship.

It might not have been convenient for us, but the right thing rarely is.
i'm not questioning the reasoning behind the war,,i'm just saying the war there will never be over,,it might take a break from time to time but it will always be there,,
Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 AM
kyle

Quote:
i'm not questioning the reasoning behind the war,,i'm just saying the war there will never be over,,it might take a break from time to time but it will always be there,,
Have you been to Iraq? I'm assuming you have you seem to know the in's and out's better than our troops. Heck I'm starting to think your a reporter. I will tell you one thing i agree on and that's the war will never be over. Do you no why it will never be over? That's because we are not at war with Iraq and we never were....But now that we are there the majority of the people that are killing us, are not Iraqi. ha you probably didn't know that did you.

Just to paint a picture in you head of what were actual facing over there. My TC was shot by a sniper in Tal Afar which is up in northern Iraq this guy has killed 7 U.S. soldiers at the time we finally caught the guy......Guess where he was from the Czech Republic...heck i don't even think that's an Arabic country but the guys that caught him said he was hired as a mercenary to kill us.

Iraq is won, we liberated people that were living under the dictatorship of Saddam. What were wants used for safe houses and places for Saddam's executions are now schools. We have helped restore running water thousands of homes that have not seen that in years. I was there when they had there first open election.

I can go on about all the positive things that we have done since we been over their B/C all you know are the negs. but I've realized at this point in life when someone has an ignorant view on war that they see watching T.V... you will never change their mind.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:13 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
Have you been to Iraq? I'm assuming you have you seem to know the in's and out's better than our troops. Heck I'm starting to think your a reporter. I will tell you one thing i agree on and that's the war will never be over. Do you no why it will never be over? That's because we are not at war with Iraq and we never were....But now that we are there the majority of the people that are killing us, are not Iraqi. ha you probably didn't know that did you.

Just to paint a picture in you head of what were actual facing over there. My TC was shot by a sniper in Tal Afar which is up in northern Iraq this guy has killed 7 U.S. soldiers at the time we finally caught the guy......Guess where he was from the Czech Republic...heck i don't even think that's an Arabic country but the guys that caught him said he was hired as a mercenary to kill us.

Iraq is won, we liberated people that were living under the dictatorship of Saddam. What were wants used for safe houses and places for Saddam's executions are now schools. We have helped restore running water thousands of homes that have not seen that in years. I was there when they had there first open election.

I can go on about all the positive things that we have done since we been over their B/C all you know are the negs. but I've realized at this point in life when someone has an ignorant view on war that they see watching T.V... you will never change their mind.
I have a few soldier buddies who are glad they aren't going back to Iraq, they are in Afgan causing trouble I would imagine but they dont say much til they come home, one is due home for R and R soon, with his time spent there down in Oct, actually I think a couple of them are doen in Oct and a few allot longer.

I don't care about the views of anyone on the forum anymore in regards to political aspects, its nothing more then hypocritical b.s twisted and molded to fit their views at the time. Then rearranged to fit the next argument so that it better suits their argument. Damned if you do Damned if you don't never more truer. This part wasn't aimed at you by the way, the first half was about my buddies.

Last edited by logrus; 02-25-2009 at 05:21 AM.