Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default New Xbox 360 Unveiled @ E3

Looks pretty sleek, supposed to be smaller and add a motion capability later this year. I already have a Xbox 360 and a Wii, so I'm find without it, but it looks cool!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37692289...mes/?gt1=43001

Quote:
Microsoft unveils redesigned Xbox 360
Smaller, thinner game console includes built-in Wi-Fi

Microsoft unveiled a redesigned Xbox 360 Monday and offered additional details about its forthcoming motion control device Kinect. The slimmer Xbox will be available at stores later this week for $299. Kinect will arrive Nov. 4.

By Winda Benedetti
Citizen Gamer
msnbc.com
updated 2 hours, 17 minutes ago

A smaller, lighter and thinner Xbox was unveiled Monday by Microsoft. The game console has a 250-gigabyte hard drive as well as built in Wi-Fi, and will sell for the same price as the current Xbox 360 Elite model — $299. The new model should be in stores by the end of this week. (Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)

The announcement came as part of Microsoft’s press conference this morning in advance of the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. E3 is the gaming industry’s biggest and flashiest trade show and gets started officially Tuesday with press conferences from Nintendo and Sony, who are also expected to have some surprises in store for gamers.

The Xbox 360 redesign comes on the heels of a Sunday night event showcasing Microsoft’s forthcoming motion-control device. Previously called Project Natal, Microsoft said the motion-control system is officially called "Kinect" and will launch Nov. 4 with 15 games.

Kinect lets people interact with not only their Xbox and their Xbox games, but also with movies, music and video chat by using only body movements and voice commands. Microsoft did not say how much the peripheral will cost.

At its press conference Monday morning, games executives from Microsoft and third-party publishers revealed a variety of largely casual games that will be played with the use of Kinect — from a pet simulation game called "Kinectimals" to an Ubisoft-published fitness game called "Your Shape Fitness Evolved" and a Harmonix-published dance game called "Dance Central."

But Microsoft also sought to remind hardcore gamers — gamers who have expressed reservations if not downright derision for motion controls — that they were still a major priority.

Microsoft started the event showing off game footage from blockbuster shooter franchises including "Halo: Reach," "Gears of War 3" and "Call of Duty: Black Ops" to big cheers from the audience.

© 2010 msnbc.com
Old 06-15-2010, 03:19 AM
logrus

I just bought a new one not to long ago to replace the one I gave to my sister. Wish I had waited lol.