Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Stump Rules!

They looked something like this Bonnie

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I didn't get to see the fights.....where was the break in Rich's arm? At his wrist?

I was rooting for Rich to win, but I feel for Chuck. Maybe breaking Rich's arm will make him feel a "little" bit better.

Rich is being pretty stoic there.
Chuck was throwing some good kicks early in the fight, and he caught Rich on the forearm a couple times, not sure which one caused the break. I actually thought Chuck clearly had the edge in the fight until he ran face first into that short right hook in the final seconds of the first round.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 AM

Wow! That looked pretty exciting! They were really taking it to each other!

Poor Chuck, he just leaves himself wide open with those big wide swings and that's been the result.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Chuck was throwing some good kicks early in the fight, and he caught Rich on the forearm a couple times, not sure which one caused the break. I actually thought Chuck clearly had the edge in the fight until he ran face first into that short right hook in the final seconds of the first round.
I guess I saw a different fight than most because I thought Chuck looked really good. Better than the Chuck I had seen recently. Great kicks, a takedown in the 1st round, typical striking. I had him winning the first round easily until he got caught.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks Michelle and JB.

I think if Chuck had time on his side and could change the way he throws his punches, he'd still have a good chance to be at the top. But, all that's water under the bridge at this point. I think making him a coach on TUF was Dana's way of giving him another chance to fight and keep that door open.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I guess I saw a different fight than most because I thought Chuck looked really good. Better than the Chuck I had seen recently. Great kicks, a takedown in the 1st round, typical striking. I had him winning the first round easily until he got caught.
I agree completely. Chuck was winning that fight.

Although, I still think his chin is just gone now. It's kinda hard to get over that hump when you are already near the end of your career, and it's just gotten progressively worse for him.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Thanks Michelle and JB.

I think if Chuck had time on his side and could change the way he throws his punches, he'd still have a good chance to be at the top. But, all that's water under the bridge at this point. I think making him a coach on TUF was Dana's way of giving him another chance to fight and keep that door open.
He's been competing for a long time and he has had some brutal fights. I think at this point his threshold for absorbing the punishment has lowered and it's just something that comes with age. Chuck's gameplan was never a big secret, he was just doing it when he was in his prime.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Youv'e heard of a sore loser...well, I'm a sore winner. Chuck got it and he got it good didn't he?

Go to your rooms, both of you.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Same here, Chuck.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
He's been competing for a long time and he has had some brutal fights. I think at this point his threshold for absorbing the punishment has lowered and it's just something that comes with age. Chuck's gameplan was never a big secret, he was just doing it when he was in his prime.
I don't know if you saw it, JB, when Rich came in on TUF to replace Tito, but him and his team were trying to teach their fighter how to use his skills and energy more "efficiently". Chuck seems to use an awful lot of energy with that wide roundhouse punch he uses and it leaves him wide open to be knocked out. IMHO In Michelle's gif, you can see him coming in, both of them are really swinging, Chuck swings his right arm, it misses or Rich deflects it, but Chuck's momentum is carrying him right into Rich's swinging fist. Chuck has no way at that point to defend himself from that KO blow. To me it was almost a replay of what happened when he fought Rua. If I remember correctly, he just came right in and Rua said "nighty nighty". Same thing when he fought Rashad Evans--big ol' hole. In that one, Rashad was more efficient with his strike and beat Chuck to the punch (literally).

Hopefully, Chuck will go on to do some good things whether it involves this sport or not. I wish him the best.