Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

As for PPV, it is to my knowledge that the PPV providers take around a 50% split of the PPV revenue right off the top.
So, when you think about it from that perspective and toss around some hypothetical numbers it's easy to see where they would barely make the type of money they are used to making when they have to shell out that much for insurance.

There are deals that have gone on in the past.. but for the most part, that is correct.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
This might be good for them in the long run. They need to know that they cant just turn up in any country on earth and host a show, without careful planning. They might also start to realize their prices are too high, and with a lower price they could fill twice as many seats. They might also put more thought into construction of their card...particularly if you were going to put it in Canada and knew that insurance...you need a far stronger card...so you can guarentee a PPV record, to cover the cost of your live audience.

A sign of too far too fast if you ask me. I cant express to you how dangerous in this current financial crisis that could be to something like the UFC
Selling the seats isn't the problem anywhere they go, and lowering ticket prices wouldn't guarantee they could sell twice as many seats.

You also have to take into consideration that the more the UFC stacks a card, the more they have to pay the fighters, and some fighters get a chunk of the PPV revenue. Also, just because a card is "stacked" that doesn't always assure a record PPV number.

They are smart to expand into new markets all over the world, but I think they should plan their next MEGA-CARD in Las Vegas. Thats where the money is, and the Fertita brothers know that everybody on the strip makes a killing when the high-rollers come into town for fight weekend. It's why a group of investors just came forward and offered Floyd Maweather and Manny Pacquiao 100 MILLION DOLLARS up front just to host their pending fight on the Vegas strip.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 PM
rearnakedchoke

van city is a great town, but i think it is too young still ... did a great job with the olympics but not ready for mma .... toronto and montreal are so much closer to the large markets of ny, chicago phili etc .... but hope they do well ...
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
van city is a great town, but i think it is too young still ... did a great job with the olympics but not ready for mma .... toronto and montreal are so much closer to the large markets of ny, chicago phili etc .... but hope they do well ...
What? Hang on....

I had to do a double take after reading your post bro...

How can they be ready for the Olympics, but not MMA?

Let's not forget, there was a death at the Winter Olympics.