Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Chris F

Default Rapmpage wants to be in WWE

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...ing-raw-104037

The short exerpt is just a tweet of Rampage saying how much he enjoyed being on Raw and now wnats to do WWE. Just curious how you all feel about those comments?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 PM
billwilliams70

Let him. It's acting, it's athletic, it's entertaining (to a certain crowd), it could fit him well.

Later.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Let him. It's acting, it's athletic, it's entertaining (to a certain crowd), it could fit him well.

Later.
Yeah I would not so much call it acting however. As a former pro wrestler myslef I tend laugh when people call it acting. Sure the promos and stuff can be classified acting, but the stuff in the ring is not. Would you call Aikido, TKD, Kung Fu, Jeet kun DO acting? All these arts have a set form that is used to practice their art. Many of the moves we use in wreslting are actula move form the fighting arts just not fully applied ot avoid injury to each other.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Miss Foxy

He's an idiot.. Does not surprise me. He craves any form of attention good or bad...This is just another publicity stunt.. He outta fall in a hole and never come out..
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
County Mike

Rampage would fit right in.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 PM

He'll have to do a lot more work. They ae on the road all the time. In fighing he might be training for awhile bu then he can take off for a bit. Wrestling isn't the same. I've heard it's a hard life. He won't get paid nearly as much as he does with fighting.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
He won't get paid nearly as much as he does with fighting.
Ehh...I don't know about that.

Rampage has almost run his course with MMA fans, and while he does well with sponsors, it's not like he is raking in giant purses for his fights. If he was given a serious role in the WWE and was actually on the road all the time like the rest of the guys, I bet he would make as much if not more being in the WWE. Granted, he couldn't do that if he was coming off the streets, but he is already a major commodity.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Yeah I would not so much call it acting however. As a former pro wrestler myslef I tend laugh when people call it acting. Sure the promos and stuff can be classified acting, but the stuff in the ring is not. Would you call Aikido, TKD, Kung Fu, Jeet kun DO acting? All these arts have a set form that is used to practice their art. Many of the moves we use in wreslting are actula move form the fighting arts just not fully applied ot avoid injury to each other.
There you go.....promos and stuff. I never said anything about the choreographed fights in the ring being acting.

Later.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
There you go.....promos and stuff. I never said anything about the choreographed fights in the ring being acting.

Later.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:37 AM
pistol-pete

Pro Wrestling made Brock Lesnar a very rich man, and he hated it. A guy like Rampage would prosper in the squared circle. He has the personality for the profession.

After his comments about how he doesn't like the way Rashad fought with pinning Page against the fence, and how he won't fight that way because he wants to entertain the fans, well I guess the excuse of entertaining verse winning will work just fine in the WWE.