Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
que

Default Koscheck: "We've gotta pray to God that he gets off the juice and doesn't grease up"

i agree with koscheck, because if pierre doesn't get off the juice and greases up, he will simply have too many advantages going into this fight to make it fair.

At Monday's "The Ultimate Fighter 12" media day at the UFC Training Center in Las Vegas

"From what I've heard from other fighters in other camps, yeah, [St-Pierre] has done steroids and HGH, possibly, I don't know. This is just on hearsay information that I've gotten.

"B.J. Penn and his camp gave me a little phone call. They were saying, 'Yeah, he's on steroids. He's this; he's that.' I said, 'Yeah, there's a possibility.' The guy is pretty ripped all year round."

"I think Olympic-style testing would be great for our sport. At least you do it a couple times out from the fight.

"I think it will be a great idea."

"This isn't going to be a wrestling match. I'm going to force him to stand-up with me because I believe he doesn't have knockout power. We've just got to pray to God that he doesn't grease up, and he gets off that juice so that we can equal things about it."

"I just want to let him know that if he's going to do that, it doesn't matter. I'm still going to beat you because it can't make the chin that much stronger."

"His chin's still weak."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-drug-testing/
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
"I think Olympic-style testing would be great for our sport. At least you do it a couple times out from the fight.

"I think it will be a great idea."

Josh "Money" Koscheck FTW
Old 06-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, Kos kills me
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Now, I will admit that I think Kos is simply posturing and playing his newly beloved "heel-card", but he has every right to suspect GSP of using steroids.

Still, that doesn't mean that it is true, and GSP did say he would submit to OST's, which says a lot in my opinion.

The greasing thing is something that has been blown out of proportion by GSP's detractors and pure haters. Does it mean GSP wasn't slick? No, it doesn't. Does it mean he was cheating, or more importantly TRYING to cheat? No, it doesn't.

At this point, the greasing issue is simply cannon-fodder for those who are more concerned with getting UNDER GSP's skin, rather than sliding off of it.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 PM
mcdadeink

we got to prey.....that kos dont fake an eye poke or so on
Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
logrus

Next Gsp retort will talk about KoS academy award winning performances in his last two fights.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:47 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Now, I will admit that I think Kos is simply posturing and playing his newly beloved "heel-card", but he has every right to suspect GSP of using steroids.

Still, that doesn't mean that it is true, and GSP did say he would submit to OST's, which says a lot in my opinion.

The greasing thing is something that has been blown out of proportion by GSP's detractors and pure haters. Does it mean GSP wasn't slick? No, it doesn't. Does it mean he was cheating, or more importantly TRYING to cheat? No, it doesn't.

At this point, the greasing issue is simply cannon-fodder for those who are more concerned with getting UNDER GSP's skin, rather than sliding off of it.
The commission must see it otherwise cause they are like vultures around him during the rounds. Not only that but they managed to alter rules after it as well.

That bucket my friend holds water....
Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 PM
GnP

Aggghhh when you canít beat a guy throw enough slander and hope some sticks so you can make your excuses after the fight. Seems to me Kos knows he is getting smashed so wants his excuses at the ready for why he will never be champ with GSP around. The weak chin comment makes me laugh the most you have been knocked out as many times as GSP and Alves had you doing the chicken dance more times than a KFC advert where as GSP dominated him.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:39 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
The commission must see it otherwise cause they are like vultures around him during the rounds. Not only that but they managed to alter rules after it as well.

That bucket my friend holds water....
What I am saying is that it's one of those things that isn't even in the same league as using PED's. Commissions are different in every state, and that is one of the biggest problems in both sports. Altering the rules after the fact only shows that there was oversight in the first place. The commission saw what GSP's corner did, and if they felt he was not in compliance with the rules, they should have stopped the fight, or taken a point, and even issued fines/suspensions. They did none of those things, and all investigations into the matter found nothing, so they dropped it.

A few fighters have complained about it with GSP, and they obviously would know, and I don't doubt that he felt slick, as I'm sure it's happened with a lot of fighters. However, the degree to which it is taken by those looking to label GSP a cheater is absolutely comical. Having some extra vaseline end up on you between rounds is not the same as injecting EPO or HGH into your bloodstream (which an athlete will always know is cheating). Does that mean GSP or his corner wasn't cheating on purpose? No, it doesn't, because none of us know for sure. I just personally think that people who harp on the greasing incident over and over sound silly at this point. The only reason it still has any steam at all is because BJ Penn and his fans are still butt-hurt over losing to GSP.

Steroid use = Serious Business

GreaseGate = Nonsense

One can be actually be detected using the human eye and can be corrected on the spot as long as people are doing their rather easy jobs, the other requires extensive scientific testing that costs hundreds of millions of dollars to stay ahead of the cheaters.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post