Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
X-Men news:
So it looks like the X-Men: First Class film is just going to build off of existing X-Men film continuity. Oh well, there goes any hope I had of it actually being a good movie.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
best comics turned into movies were spiderman and the crow (not david loiseau)
This.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
So it looks like the X-Men: First Class film is just going to build off of existing X-Men film continuity. Oh well, there goes any hope I had of it actually being a good movie.
Yeah, pretty much. They've made a ton of money off those movies, so I doubt that they're going to mess with it just to make the real fans happy.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:52 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Captain America (vid link at the end) -

Quote:
Chris Evans Talks Captain America Costume
And the testing of the shield

Empire magazine chatted with Chris Evans about the Captain America: The First Avenger costume and the testing of the shield. Here's an excerpt from the interview:
Quote:
"It’s an amazing costume. Given the fact that his costume is red, white and blue, and it’s tight, and it could be kind of flash and over the top – and given the fact that the movie takes place in the ‘40s and ‘50s – they’ve done a really good job of making it look really cool."

"I think everyone that’s going to see it is going to say, 'Okay, well done. Well done. I think they got the costume right. The casting they completely ruined, but the costume they nailed!'"

In comparison to his lithe, skin-tight Fantastic Four costume, Evans says: “[In the FF suit] …you could move around quite well. This is a little more cumbersome. It doesn’t exactly breathe the way the Fantastic Four costume breathed, but it’s the way it should be. Any type of World War II uniform would be a little chunky, and I think that’s what kind of gives it its character.”

To read more on how they've been testing which shield to use, go here! Captain America: The First Avenger starts shooting this month in London for a July 22, 2011 release.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:45 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

X-Men news -

Quote:
Deadline New York is reporting that Kevin Bacon is negotiating to play the villain role in X-Men: First Class. They don't say who the villain may be.

If Bacon joins the cast, he would be joining James McAvoy (Charles Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Alice Eve (Emma Frost), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee) and the rumored Lucas Till (Havoc).
Old 07-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Ummm,... where's Jean Grey? Shouldn't she be in the X-Men: First Class movie?

I'm not sure about that scrawny Nicolas Hoult kid as Beast. If he's going to be portraying Hank McCoy in his human form, then let's hope that he starts shooting up the steroids now.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:03 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Ummm,... where's Jean Grey? Shouldn't she be in the X-Men: First Class movie?

I'm not sure about that scrawny Nicolas Hoult kid as Beast. If he's going to be portraying Hank McCoy in his human form, then let's hope that he starts shooting up the steroids now.
yeah, I know. I was cool with who they cast for Xavier/Eric/Emma, & even Scott to an extent, but now it looks like they're relying too heavily on the "gawking teenager" stereotype instead of what the characters really look like.

Also, it's been reported the Ed Norton's out for the Avengers movie. There will be a new Dr. Banner. According to Marvel, they didn't think that he'd work well in a large ensemble cast.

Last edited by VCURamFan; 07-12-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

WOW! Thank goodness this @$$-clown didn't get put in charge of Avengers!

Quote:
Following the critical success of “Narc” and “Smokin' Aces,” director Joe Carnahan is hoping for a commercial hit with his latest film “The A-Team,” a big-screen adaptation of the 1980s television series of the same name. But during a recent interview with MTV News, Carnahan revealed that he spoke to the folks who are working on another highly-anticipated adaptation – namely, the epic Marvel team-up film “The Avengers.”

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios previously announced that “Firefly” and “Buffy” creator Joss Whedon would be helming the film, which is currently scheduled for release in 2012. But Carnahan confessed to MTV that he found more than a few interesting directions that he thinks a successful "Avengers" movie could go.

"You always wind up in conversations, and there was an 'Avengers' conversation," Carnahan admitted during an interview with MTV News on Saturday. "But it wasn't really a thorough one. I was sent the material [and] I loved it." Few details have been unveiled thus far about the film, but he reiterated some of the speculated story details, which include a team-up by Marvel superheroes to stop none other than the Hulk. "I think the 'Avengers' movie you make is Hulk tearing up Manhattan and the Avengers have got to go in there and shut him down," he said. "I think it's very cool."

Carnahan said that given the volume of mythologies and individual stories that each superhero could get into by him- or herself, there are only so many options that filmmakers have for a feature-length adventure. "I think that you're going to have to very quickly get to this situation where you start to make your heroes into villains," Carnahan observed. "I think that somebody like the Hulk, it's such a great place to take him."

At the same time he admitted that such creative decisions might kill the possibility for future installments for at least one of the involved heroes, who to date include Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury, and Hawkeye. "[For Hulk] I think they may consider that kind of the franchise-killer, but I think something like that would be awfully interesting." Regardless, Carnahan acknowledged that he's as excited as the rest of us to see how Whedon and company help the Avengers assemble. "Listen - you've got Joss Whedon and he's talented as hell," he said. "I think he's going to do a fantastic job with that."
Seriously???? A founding member of the Avengers as the villain in their first movie?????
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Chris Hemsworth as Thor & Tom Hiddleston as Loki:

Also, reports of Norton's replacement as Hulk:
Quote:

Is he Marvel Studios' replacement for Edward Norton?

We're guessing that Marvel Studios was hoping to announce this at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 24th, but Deadline is reporting that the studio is in "late-stage discussions" with Mark Ruffalo to play The Incredible Hulk in The Avengers, scheduled to hit theaters on May 4, 2012.

He would be replacing Edward Norton, who played Hulk in director Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk. Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige and Norton both confirmed this week that he would not be returning for The Avengers.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator

I'm really annoyed that they replaced Edward Norton as Bruce Banner.

Plus, after seeing that image of Thor, Odin and Loki, I'm getting a bad feeling about the Thor movie. Their outfits look way too modern and plastic.