Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-06-2010, 04:18 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Greene just got outclassed. He should have adjusted and stopped trying to counter while he was back-stepping on a taller guy, which is exactly what Roy Jones pointed out since round 3 or 4. He'll be back.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:36 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Yeah, he definitely would have benefited by using a lot more side stepping if he wanted to throw the counter. Nonetheless, losing only makes one stronger (usually).
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Damn, Foreman looked totally outclassed in all aspects of that first round.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Pretty much what I've figured so far. Cotto's getting a few shots, just enough to make a difference and win the round. He's fighting really smart, it's only a matter of time before he really hurts Foreman.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Nice to see Foreman fighting back hard. We may be wrong with our predictions JB!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:07 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Bummer. Foreman just went down with a bad knee and didn't take the 5 minutes. Cotto's going for the kill now.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I was almost right!

I thought Miguel was gonna end it in the 7th, and I was surprised Yuri even came out for the 8th.

Now they are saying he's gonna keep fighting after the towel got thrown in...this is silly...

Kudos to Yuri...tough SOB

Last edited by J.B.; 06-06-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Sucks for Yuri to go out like that, but he was getting tooled anyway. Miguel could have opened up and put him away whenever he wanted to.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Sucks, the power went out with 5 seconds left in the 7th round. I didn't get to finish the fight. Searching this morning for a torrent download, I found out who won instead of being able to view it (of course, it was obvious what was going to happen). Foreman has heart, I can't believe he survived the length of 2 rounds!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Sucks, the power went out with 5 seconds left in the 7th round. I didn't get to finish the fight. Searching this morning for a torrent download, I found out who won instead of being able to view it (of course, it was obvious what was going to happen). Foreman has heart, I can't believe he survived the length of 2 rounds!
Well it really looked like Cotto was gonna finish him in the 7th. It seemed like he just stuck to that game-plan Emmanuel gave him and didn't start throwing wild shots, even though it was quite evident that if Miguel opened up on Yuri it was gonna be over pretty quick.

I was surprised Foreman came out in the 8th, and it was obvious his corner wanted to stop the fight. Then about a minute and a half into the 8th, you just see a towel come flying in outta nowhere and actually hit Cotto. There was some confusion as to who actually threw the towel, but it was confirmed that it was Yuri's trainer, Joe Grier, who did in fact lob the towel. Cotto put his hands up in victory, and Foreman went to his corner and the ring filled up with people.

Then, outta nowhere it seemed, Arthur Mecante, the referee, started clearing the ring and saying the fight wasn't over. You could hear him tell Yuri to "suck it up kid" or "suck it up champ", and that really seemed odd because not only did everybody already think the fight was over, but it really seemed like the fight should have been called by that point anyway.

Foreman made it less than a minute into round 9 and the fight was stopped after Cotto landed a solid left hook to the body while Yuri was on the ropes that sent Foreman down to the canvas. I'm not sure that the shot would have buckled Yuri if his leg wasn't injured, but regardless, it was the final nail in the coffin.

Of course, it didn't take Ronnie Nathanielsz very long to drop a headline saying that Manny Pacquiao would consider a rematch with Cotto as a Plan-B. I found this quote to be odd though...

Quote:
Pacquiao who watched the fight intently said he thought it was “a very good fight” even as Koncz indicated that Pacquiao “thought it was a draw and a very close fight until Foreman got injured.”
Really? a draw?