Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-04-2010, 10:50 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Cotto vs Foreman

I'm looking forward to seeing Miguel Cotto back in the ring this weekend and I suspect he will be able to get back to his winning ways after running into beatings at the hands of Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito.

Yuri Foreman definitely has the size advantage, but he is completely untested against competition that is anywhere near the likes of Miguel Cotto, and I have my doubts about Foreman being able to handle Cotto's power for 12 rounds.

My prediction. It's a steamrolling by Cotto, and the fight is over in the 7th round.

Of course when I make predictions that are that specific I always end up being wrong, so we'll see!

Thoughts? Predictions?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Foreman had his chin tested a little in the fight with Daniel Santos who is a huge middleweight (he cut 20 pounds to make weight on that night!). However, Cotto is a freaking beast and will test it more times in 3 rounds than Santos did in 12. Cotto will struggle to get inside early but a few hard body shots will be just enough to slow Foreman and allow Cotto to start brutalizing his body then peppering the face.

Cotto KO by round 6.

I like Yuri a lot and he'll bounce back strong after this defeat.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Cotto: 153.5
Foreman: 154

I think you'll see an extremely energetic and brutal Cotto at 153.5. He probably cut less than 5 pounds to make this fight.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Foreman had his chin tested a little in the fight with Daniel Santos who is a huge middleweight (he cut 20 pounds to make weight on that night!). However, Cotto is a freaking beast and will test it more times in 3 rounds than Santos did in 12. Cotto will struggle to get inside early but a few hard body shots will be just enough to slow Foreman and allow Cotto to start brutalizing his body then peppering the face.

Cotto KO by round 6.

I like Yuri a lot and he'll bounce back strong after this defeat.
Look at you! Trying to one up me by one round! jk bro

I'm not sure what Santos gave Foreman is anywhere near the "testing" that Miguel Cotto is gonna put on that chin tomorrow night!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Look at you! Trying to one up me by one round! jk bro

I'm not sure what Santos gave Foreman is anywhere near the "testing" that Miguel Cotto is gonna put on that chin tomorrow night!
LOL, that was the goal ;) I almost thought about saying Cotto in 5 but I think Yuri is going to be able to keep Cotto away for the first 2 rounds. Yuri won't be able to deal with the punishment.

The difference is Santos probably has more power than Cotto, but Cotto is FAR more aggressive and has tons more speed than Santos.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
The difference is Santos probably has more power than Cotto, but Cotto is FAR more aggressive and has tons more speed than Santos.
Santos is legit, but Foreman ain't never been hit like we know Cotto can bring it. It's do or die for Miguel, a loss now would basically ruin him. He is gonna steamroll Yuri, and probably hurt him bad in my opinion. (though I hope we don't see that)
Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Santos is legit, but Foreman ain't never been hit like we know Cotto can bring it. It's do or die for Miguel, a loss now would basically ruin him. He is gonna steamroll Yuri, and probably hurt him bad in my opinion. (though I hope we don't see that)
Agreed 100%.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't have HBO, so I found some streams:

These 2 are linking to the same stream, and they're already working:
http://tropangpinoy-tv.blogspot.com/...ve-stream.html
http://www.clickdavao.com/onlinetv/b...to_foreman.php

Here's others that claim to be working later:
http://www.firesport.net/2010/05/box...-ppv-live.html
http://powcast.blogspot.com/
Old 06-06-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

James Moore vs. Pawel Wolak starting now.

Good fight, but I'll go with Wolak on this one.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing Miguel Cotto back in the ring this weekend and I suspect he will be able to get back to his winning ways after running into beatings at the hands of Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito.

Yuri Foreman definitely has the size advantage, but he is completely untested against competition that is anywhere near the likes of Miguel Cotto, and I have my doubts about Foreman being able to handle Cotto's power for 12 rounds.

My prediction. It's a steamrolling by Cotto, and the fight is over in the 7th round.

Of course when I make predictions that are that specific I always end up being wrong, so we'll see!

Thoughts? Predictions?
Well, I know next to nothing about the fight but I did see Yuri interviewed by Greta van Susteren yesterday and he seems like a great guy. He is also studying to become a rabbi!!

So I guess I'll have to root for him.