Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

....Just a small push at the most inopportune moment...

lol

I think it makes Suicide too easy also, when people, maybe only for a short time, are not in their right mind....In England, killing yourself isnt as easy as you might think...people tend to throw themselves infront of tube trains...Shooting yourself might be quick and painless presumably...but hanging yourself...well...that might actually be something you cant do on the spur of the moment....having said that, you'd then have to ban all painkillers...coz thats how people do it over here...they overdose on medication and just hope they dont wake up. The time it takes to plan and get the resources can be life saving if people come to their sences...the time it takes to shoot yourself with a gun you already own doesnt allow for that.
Why could you not hang yourself at the spur of the moment?

We had 3+ suicides by hanging in the past six months. And that is only the ones that came in on my shift. (Although one may have been an accident.)

And speaking of pain killers, more people died in the US in 2010 from prescription drugs than they did from traffic accidents.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
1) Why could you not hang yourself at the spur of the moment?

2) We had 3+ suicides by hanging in the past six months. And that is only the ones that came in on my shift. (Although one may have been an accident.)

3) And speaking of pain killers, more people died in the US in 2010 from prescription drugs than they did from traffic accidents.
1) Well, because it would take more planning, wouldnt it I mean, you have to get the rope, you have to find something high enough which you can reach that will support your full weight...and you have to get the drop right or else its not such a pretty way to go....that doesnt seem like something you'd be able to do without thinking....whereas reaching into your pocket, and pulling out a firearm seems a little bit more simple....I dont know...perhaps I'm wrong with that

2) thats horrible ...I presume the accident was death by missadventure

3) I'm talking about non-perscription drugs...in England, they have more control over medication...you cant "ask" for a drug...you have to fit a criteria to the doctors thinking for them to release it...soooo in England its usually non-perscription drugs...I think that people feel its a less painful way to go...but I'm not sure thats true...just coz it looks peaceful doesnt mean it feels that way from the inside...I mean, people in coma look peaceful, but often they are like trapped in a sleep they want to wake up from but cant