Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Lee Murray Given 10yrs

Time to be served in Morrocco:

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/1/149...hter-sentenced
Quote:

One-time UFC fighter, Lee Murray, was sentenced to 10 years in a Moroccan prison for his involvement in the largest bank raid in British history in 2006, according to BBC News.

"Lightning" bolted for northern Africa shortly after he and six other associates stole more than 53 million from the Securitas cash depot in Kent, England.
It was, and still is, the largest cash heist to ever go down in the history of the nation.

For years, British prosecutors tried to extradite the ex-fighter while they successfully tracked down and jailed his accomplices; however, the Moroccan government refused to ship him back because his father was of Moroccan descent.

Instead, Murray -- who was already serving three years in prison for an unrelated incident -- had his case on the bank robbery charges heard in a Moroccan court.

He is scheduled for release in 2020.

Murray defeated Jorge Rivera via first round submission (strikes) at UFC 46, which was his only appearance inside the Octagon. He is perhaps better known in the fight world for his exploits outside the cage, however, brawling with Tito Ortiz in a street fight following UFC 38 in July 2002.

Murray is 8-2 overall in mixed martial arts competition. He last fought in September of 2004 at Cage Rage 8, dropping a unanimous decision to current UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva.

For more on the rise and fall of "Lightning" Lee Murray click here.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I'm okay with this, and I shall explain why.

So in the British Judicial System, most of Lee Murrays team mates on this raid have been sentanced to around 20 years...at first glance you might think Lee then has it easy...but firstly, Lee is living out his existance in a morrocan jail. Morroco is Islami Majority, and near enough third world...I cant expect being locked up there is anywhere near as pleasent as being restricted but by taxpayers money in England.

Secondly, I suspec Lee Murray will serve every single day of that sentance...where as his comrades back in England...well, first you half the sentance given (to ten years) then you remove a third for good behaviour, 7-8 years...and then you say, if the system becomes more jampacked, they might have parole, or semi-release or anything. I suspect after five years they might have freedom of some kind in sight.

So this news about Lee Muarry pleases me.

I hope then when he comes back to the United Kingdom afterwards...they charge him again...not with the bank raid (you cant charge someone for the same crime again) but for illegal posession of a firearm. Thats a nice 15 years...so he'll spend another 3 or 4 in this country...just for the embarissment factor.