Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-02-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Shane Carwin Interview Questions UFC 116

Shane Carwin has opened questions to members on his website. He said in his e-mail that he isn't going to do an interview, but will try to answer 10 questions per week from his fans:

http://www.shane-carwin.com/forum/to...age=1#comments

So far, here's what he's answered:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Carwin
I love sparring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Jones

thanx shane your the best.... heres my question then.... what is your favorite training excersizes in your training
Quote:
I plan on keeping it standing if possible, He has a lot of talent in the wrestling department I have to be better in the MMA Wrestling department. I would not expect either one of us to throw many kicks as it would leave us open to a takedown. First big punch likely wins the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhor1

Okay Shane, since I have been waiting and dreaming about this since you came to the ufc, knowing that it isn't a matter of if, but when, I have only one question. Are you going to kick his head off like Gabe did Cro-Cop, or are you going to hem his flabby ass up and pound him out like he does to everyone else. Now that he's fighting someone stronger, that game plan won't work for him. Poor guy, now he has to learn to fight. Seriously though, I always said you would be UFC HWT Champ. It's your destiny, brother. God Bless.
Quote:
We are pretty similar in size. Around fight night we will both be about 280 pounds. He is fast and the speed is a bigger issue then the size. He has out weighed most of his opponents in the past but he will not on this night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Katsikathas

Hey Shane,

How do you defend against Brock using his weight to lay on you? like he does with all his other fights.

Thanks,

Milton
Quote:
We are not really going to be discussing a lot of game plan stuff for obvious reasons. Post fight I will come on here and share with you what I was trying to do and what actually happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Sky Komenda

Shane,

Feel free not to answer now, but I would like to hear what your strategy is against Brock Lesnar. I remember you discussing your strategies against Frank Mir, and I was impressed to hear how well your practice played out. That would be great to hear about post-fight. I'm also interested in Shane Jones' question, especially what you do for strength training.

Thanks,

J.K.
Quote:
The Engineer

About 280

15 pounds

I would rather not discuss so my boss does not get in trouble with HR. I am fortunate that I have built the system we depend on and am ahead of schedule because I would fire me if not!

I would like to fight in Colorado if possible just because I was born and raised
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle conroy

Shane,

do you have nickname yet or do you want one?

how much weight will you have to cut and how much will you weigh on the night of the fight?

how many hours a week are you working at your day job? and will you wean your hours down as fight night approaches?

if you could fight anywhere in the world, where and why?

thanks, best of luck!
Quote:
He has the edge in Wrestling I think I have the edge everywhere else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy

Hey shane!
Since lesnar is gonna be the biggest guy you have faced and that he has just alittle bit more size then you do, do you think that he will have the edge if it goes to the ground??
I like this guy a lot, he openly admits he's lesser of a wrestler but doesn't boast, only "thinks" that he's better on the feet (although he lacks the speed, I'd agree he's a better boxer). I wish him all the best but I think Brock is going to put him on his ass immediately and G&P FTW in the 1st or 2nd round.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Shane Carwin has opened questions to members on his website. He said in his e-mail that he isn't going to do an interview, but will try to answer 10 questions per week from his fans:

http://www.shane-carwin.com/forum/to...age=1#comments

So far, here's what he's answered:

I like this guy a lot, he openly admits he's lesser of a wrestler but doesn't boast, only "thinks" that he's better on the feet (although he lacks the speed, I'd agree he's a better boxer). I wish him all the best but I think Brock is going to put him on his ass immediately and G&P FTW in the 1st or 2nd round.
I don't spend a lot of time on that site but I've been a member for about a year (i think)

[
Old 06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Rev

I love the guy but I just dont think he is gonna do it. If he can land a big one fast then he can win but if not, I just dont see it.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:38 PM

I'll be extremely happy when Carwin dethrones Lesnar.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I'll be extremely happy when Carwin dethrones Lesnar.
You and me both!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
You and me both!!!
X3

[
Old 06-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
X3
X3 of you that will be disappointed when Brock beats Carwin down.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow View Post
X3 of you that will be disappointed when Brock beats Carwin down.
i Was wondering when your "Someone somewhere is hatin' on Brock" alarm was going to alert you.

[
Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I will be rooting for Brock.

He is a tough, hard working guy, who has earned all the fame he has attained and is too quickly written off by MMA fans for being in the WWE (which I hate saying, because we all know it's the WWF!)

Nothing against Shane Carwin, not at all. If he wins, it will be through hard work and dedication. Shane is not a guy who gives you a lot of reasons to dislike him.

With that being said, it's better for the sport if Brock wins, and Brock is just as deserving and as tough as any of these guys in the UFC Heavyweight Division at this point. He may have gotten the fast-track in some respects, but his talent level has shown that it wasn't a bust for the UFC.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 AM
cheachea

I want Carwin to win, but I don't know if he will.