Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Hughes fanboy

Default Israel: what really happened

This is a video I wanted to post about the history of the NATION of Israel (i.e, the land of Israel). Watch it, all of it, and then tell me that the Israeli's are not God's people. http://www.terrorismawareness.org/what-really-happened/
Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Hughes fanboy

I'm bumping this thread up - no comments people?! 17 views??!?!?!

Watch the video people, it's IN DEPTH!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Chuck

I watched it and thought it was interesting. I personally don't know enough about the Middle East to know if it's completely accurate or not. But it looked like it to me.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Excellent video so far, but I haven't had a chance to watch all of it.

Some very important points from your video that EVERYONE needs to know:

1. There was no such thing as a "Palestinian State" or "Palestinian People" prior to 1948, it all belonged to the Turks as part of the Ottoman Empire from 1553-1922 (although I've read that the Ottoman Empire might have started as early as 1301).

2. Jews have lived in "Palestine" continuously for the past 3700 years and they have been the majority population in Jerusalem since the 1800s.

3. The "Palestinians" didn't want the land until the Jews turned it from a barren wasteland into fertile farm ground. Then they just suddenly remembered that it belonged to them all along.

4. A vast majority of the "Palestinian" land was given to the Arabs. The Jews only got 1/6th of 1%. However, the Arabs hatred of the Jews was so strong that even that was too much for them. This conflict is not about the Arabs taking back what it rightfully theirs, it's about exterminating the nation of Israel and wiping the Jews off the planet.

5. Many of the 6 million Jews, exterminated by the Nazis, could have been saved if other countries had just accepted the Jewish refugees. This includes America.

I had family members, on my father's side, who tried to escape the Nazis; but were turned back at Ellis Island, New York, only to be killed off in Auschwitz. It was America's isolationist mentality that allowed the Nazis to get as powerful as they did. Which is why I supported the Iraq War. Many people said it wasn't any of our business. However, when hundreds of thousands of people are being murdered by an evil dictator, then it becomes our business. Otherwise, we're just as guilty as the people doing the actual killing.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Excellent video so far, but I haven't had a chance to watch all of it.

Some very important points from your video that EVERYONE needs to know:

1. There was no such thing as a "Palestinian State" or "Palestinian People" prior to 1948, it all belonged to the Turks as part of the Ottoman Empire from 1553-1922 (although I've read that the Ottoman Empire might have started as early as 1301).

2. Jews have lived in "Palestine" continuously for the past 3700 years and they have been the majority population in Jerusalem since the 1800s.

3. The "Palestinians" didn't want the land until the Jews turned it from a barren wasteland into fertile farm ground. Then they just suddenly remembered that it belonged to them all along.

4. A vast majority of the "Palestinian" land was given to the Arabs. The Jews only got 1/6th of 1%. However, the Arabs hatred of the Jews was so strong that even that was too much for them. This conflict is not about the Arabs taking back what it rightfully theirs, it's about exterminating the nation of Israel and wiping the Jews off the planet.

5. Many of the 6 million Jews, exterminated by the Nazis, could have been saved if other countries had just accepted the Jewish refugees. This includes America.

I had family members, on my father's side, who tried to escape the Nazis; but were turned back at Ellis Island, New York, only to be killed off in Auschwitz. It was America's isolationist mentality that allowed the Nazis to get as powerful as they did. Which is why I supported the Iraq War. Many people said it wasn't any of our business. However, when hundreds of thousands of people are being murdered by an evil dictator, then it becomes our business. Otherwise, we're just as guilty as the people doing the actual killing.

IMO this has been going on for years and will continue until they can live in peace .. unfortunatley, that will never happen as palestinians don't recognize Israel ... which is sad, because Jerusalem is the central city for three religions, and as much as I would love to go their, i don't think it would be safe to chance it ..

I think both sides have made mistakes, and none of them are innocent in my books ... you can make a case for either side depending on which side you want to make look good, but Palestinians aren't doing themselves any favours ..

As for American's fighting the Iraq war .. i agree and disagree .. if that were the case there are plenty of other areas where genocide is going on .. so why Iraq .. and i know American's can't be the "police", but two wars in iraq and very little elsewhere .. seems to me, they fight wars in which they think there is a benefit to them ..
Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Crisco

I heard a disheartening statement from someone I know about Israel supplying the south african government with weapons during the apartheid?

If it's true I guess it's no different then what our country does all over the world but still.. I hold them in a high regard so it kind of sucks if it's true.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
IMO this has been going on for years and will continue until they can live in peace .. unfortunatley, that will never happen as palestinians don't recognize Israel ... which is sad, because Jerusalem is the central city for three religions, and as much as I would love to go their, i don't think it would be safe to chance it ..

I think both sides have made mistakes, and none of them are innocent in my books ... you can make a case for either side depending on which side you want to make look good, but Palestinians aren't doing themselves any favours ..

As for American's fighting the Iraq war .. i agree and disagree .. if that were the case there are plenty of other areas where genocide is going on .. so why Iraq .. and i know American's can't be the "police", but two wars in iraq and very little elsewhere .. seems to me, they fight wars in which they think there is a benefit to them ..
Well, even with terrorist attacks factored in, Jerusalem is still safer to visit than New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, or St. Louis.

While it's true that Israel is not perfect, the mistakes they have made are in in no way proportional to what the Palestinian terrorists have done. For instance, the war last year was instigated by over 3000 unprovoked rocket attacks into Israeli homes by Hamas.

Israel gives the Palestinians free speech, the right to vote, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, and equal rights for women. They wouldn't receive any of that under Muslim rule; so who are the real war criminals here? It's definitely not Israel, they are victims: surrounded by enemies with their backs against the ocean. I don't blame them for doing whatever it takes to survive under those circumstances.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I heard a disheartening statement from someone I know about Israel supplying the south african government with weapons during the apartheid?

If it's true I guess it's no different then what our country does all over the world but still.. I hold them in a high regard so it kind of sucks if it's true.
Satan is the father of lies and he has hated Israel from the very beginning. So that bit of information is either a lie or a half-truth twisted to make Israel look like a racist nation. Either way, it's irrelevant.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
1)I had family members, on my father's side, who tried to escape the Nazis; but were turned back at Ellis Island, New York, only to be killed off in Auschwitz.

2) It was America's isolationist mentality that allowed the Nazis to get as powerful as they did.

3)Which is why I supported the Iraq War. Many people said it wasn't any of our business. However, when hundreds of thousands of people are being murdered by an evil dictator, then it becomes our business. Otherwise, we're just as guilty as the people doing the actual killing.
1) I didnt know the Jews were turned away from the U.S
2) Yes it was
3) and why you should support the United Nations, but you dont. Isolationist is one extreme, but unilateral international moves are the opposite end of the scale, you need to be in the middle. BTW...why do you think America and Britian formed the United Nations anyway and established international law over old Europe? it was to stop people like Hitler, and Single Countries just doing what they want. The United Nations is part of YOUR heratage that you dont like anymore because it restricts you to the same level as others...which is exactly what you designed it to do
Old 03-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) I didnt know the Jews were turned away from the U.S
2) Yes it was
3) and why you should support the United Nations, but you dont. Isolationist is one extreme, but unilateral international moves are the opposite end of the scale, you need to be in the middle. BTW...why do you think America and Britian formed the United Nations anyway and established international law over old Europe? it was to stop people like Hitler, and Single Countries just doing what they want. The United Nations is part of YOUR heratage that you dont like anymore because it restricts you to the same level as others...which is exactly what you designed it to do
1. Yes, thousands were refused entry into the United States before we entered the war. Some boats were sent back to Germany, other dropped their refugees off in other countries. That's why my dad was born in Mexico, a small portion of his side of the family was dropped off in Mexico, the rest were sent back to Germany to die in the death camps.

2. I agree with you agreeing with me.

3. My biggest problem with the UN is that equal voice is given to countries that are run by dictators with no concept of human rights.