Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Awesome blog! I love me a BoomerTale..... I'm really glad you and Silverback got to go. It's always fun for me to live vicariously through my friends so ya'll keep doing fun things and sharing them.

~Amy
And some Booma Tales love you ... Holla !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Boomer, again you bring us a tell like no other. When Matt ask me to go I was like you, nothing in this world was going to stop me from being there. And again you are correct in saying, this guy is someone that I want my son's to know, to learn from and to be like, if they turn out to be half the person that Matt and Mark are then yes that will be a very good thing. This weekend was something that I will not only remember and cherish as one of the best times that I have ever had in my life, I not only got to be beside a icon in something that my boys and I have enjoyed watching,(UFC) for many years together, and thinking what it would be like to sit ringside, rubbing elbow's with the fighters, hanging out with them, something I always thought was only a dream, a fantasy, it has ran thru my mind so many times, but this weekend it came true, because a man that not only I , but millions of people have watched fight so many times included me in every aspect of him being bestowed the highest honor of the UFC, the hall of fame, and Boomer you know it like I do, it would have been easy for him to just worry about himself this weekend, but what did he worry about, what was important to him, the reason I say this is Boomer knows its true, what mattered to Matt, was is Tommy, Boomer, Matt Pena, Robbie, and yes, me, was we OK. When we was rushing thru the fan Expo,(Boomer you lie, that person wasn't crippled till after I pushed them over)Matt's only worry was, are we getting took care of, are we still behind him, he was always looking back to see if we was all OK. The One More Round booth, Matt wanted his people to be took care of because we was going to represent them at the fights that night, we came first, I have to thank the people at One More Round, they was great, and everyone that reads this, please, support OMR, they are great and have the best stuff around.
Then it was on to the fights that night, well we had to do dinner, and let me tell you that was one great meal, and again Boomer thanks because he pulled a fast one and took care of the check, pretty slick my friend, then we get to the fights, again Matt was concerned about our seats, he wasn't sure where they was, so he had people making sure they was good seats, and let me tell you, and Boomer can tell you, we had the best seats in the house, no doubt about it. And yes I was like a kid in a candy store, I could go on all night but it is getting late and I have to help my other Hall of Fame Buddy in the morning get stuff done on the farm. One more thing before I end this and go to bed, Robbie Lawlar, I am convinced that one day that that honor will be bestowed on you to my friend, thanks for letting me hang with you this weekend too, Matt Pena, what can I say about this man, what he brings to his fighters, puts them on a level that is 2 steps above the rest, Mr. Pena job well done, and I am honored to consider you a friend. Boomer, I have yet to find the right words for you my friend, someday I hope too, and one I do, well just let me say, Thank you, not just from me, but from all of us, they broke the mold when they made you Buddy.Matt Hughes, you have gave me something that I will remember for the rest of my life, and another story, that I will tell again and agian.
Awesome add on Danny!! You can wear my contacts any day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Awesome Tale Boomer! Boom and Silver, thanks for putting up with my occasional texts during the weekend. Glad you had a great time and thanks for letting us all experience it thru another fantastic tale, buddy!
Mac you have to go on one of these!
Mark you know you can txt me whenever you want. Hey I was going to send you a txt with some chopstix when we had sushi but forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Very cool. Matt did look pretty sharp in the "business casual" attire.
Didn't he ... I felt under dressed ..
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Mark you know you can txt me whenever you want. Hey I was going to send you a txt with some chopstix when we had sushi but forgot.
That would have been hilarious! Glad the second time was a good one too! did you try anything new and exciting. One thing is for sure ol Matt knows what to order! Those dragon rolls we had in my hood were awewsome.

[
Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
CAVEMAN

Thanks for sharing, Boomer. I've been away for awhile, but it is always nice to come back and read a Boomer tale! Congrats to Matt on his induction!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Thanks for sharing, Boomer. I've been away for awhile, but it is always nice to come back and read a Boomer tale! Congrats to Matt on his induction!
great to see you around again caveman!! stop back by more often.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
That would have been hilarious! Glad the second time was a good one too! did you try anything new and exciting. One thing is for sure ol Matt knows what to order! Those dragon rolls we had in my hood were awewsome.
I think we had everything on the menu .... seriously.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I think we had everything on the menu .... seriously.
Awesome!

[
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
countrybumkin

Sounds like an AWESOME trip Boomer thanks for the stories.. Congratulations Matt were so proud of you .....
Old 06-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrybumkin View Post
Sounds like an AWESOME trip Boomer thanks for the stories.. Congratulations Matt were so proud of you .....
HEY BUMKIN!! Where the heck have you been? You need to PM me on how that job interview went.

Last edited by Boomer; 06-06-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 AM

[
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Primadawn

Thanks for the tale Boomer and Silverback...I haven't been around much either, but I was watching faithfully--from my seat at a Tilted Kilt outside Chicago--the place went crazy when they showed Matt.