Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-28-2010, 06:31 PM
donaldbreland

Default Demian Maia vs. Alan Belcher Possible for UFC Fight Night 22

According to www.mmafrenzy.com

UFC middleweights Demian Maia and Alan Belcher appear to be on a collision course, with the date of impact expected to be the September 15 UFC Fight Night 22 at a yet to be determined location. The event is set to serve as the lead in to season 12 of “The Ultimate Fighter” and according to MMAFighting Belcher and Maia have verbally agreed to meet face each other that evening.

Maia will be looking to bounce back from a unanimous decision loss to Anderson Silva in their UFC 112 title bout, which took place on April 10. Prior to facing Silva Maia had rebounded from his first career loss to Nate Marquardt with a unanimous decision victory over Dan Miller.

Belcher will look to continue a two fight winning streak, which includes wins over Wilson Gouveia and most recently Patrick Cote at UFC 113 on May 8. Belcher’s lone loss in his last 5 bouts was a controversial decision loss to Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 100 last July.

Who Takes It?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldbreland View Post
According to www.mmafrenzy.com

UFC middleweights Demian Maia and Alan Belcher appear to be on a collision course, with the date of impact expected to be the September 15 UFC Fight Night 22 at a yet to be determined location. The event is set to serve as the lead in to season 12 of “The Ultimate Fighter” and according to MMAFighting Belcher and Maia have verbally agreed to meet face each other that evening.

Maia will be looking to bounce back from a unanimous decision loss to Anderson Silva in their UFC 112 title bout, which took place on April 10. Prior to facing Silva Maia had rebounded from his first career loss to Nate Marquardt with a unanimous decision victory over Dan Miller.

Belcher will look to continue a two fight winning streak, which includes wins over Wilson Gouveia and most recently Patrick Cote at UFC 113 on May 8. Belcher’s lone loss in his last 5 bouts was a controversial decision loss to Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 100 last July.

Who Takes It?
Depends solely upon how good Belcher's TD Def is that night.

Btw, getting RNCed by Belcher is bad, but having Johnny Cash kiss you goodnight before you fall asleep is just embarassing :

Last edited by VCURamFan; 05-28-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
atomdanger

I think Maia takes this one.

I can't imagine Belcher keeping this off the ground.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I think Maia takes this one.

I can't imagine Belcher keeping this off the ground.
Agreed. If he magically gains either the balance/flexibility of BJ or the footwork of AS in the next few months, then I give him a shot.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:04 PM
donaldbreland

I think Belcher is too powerful for Maia. I think Belcher wins by ko in the first round. It will be interesting but I think Belcher beats two guys that A.S beat but in a lot better fashion. He already beat Cote and better than A.S did so now we will wait and see. Would love to see Belcher train with the H.I.T squad.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Agreed. If he magically gains either the balance/flexibility of BJ or the footwork of AS in the next few months, then I give him a shot.
Agreed.

His TDD would need some huge improvement.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Depends solely upon how good Belcher's TD Def is that night.

Btw, getting RNCed by Belcher is bad, but having Johnny Cash kiss you goodnight before you fall asleep is just embarassing :
That might be the worst tattoo I've ever seen.