Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
BamaGrits84

Default invoking my 2nd amendment right - again

I have to vent over the cowardly jackass that just pointed a gun at me because I gave him the old tap the breaks so you'll get off my butt signal. Speed limits is 55 on the road and I was going maybe 45 because a truck had just turned in front of me and wasn't back up to speed. So this jerk flies up behind me and just sits on my butt. I get the 55 and he's still there so I give the breaks a good push. Next thing I know he is driving in a turning lane waving a pistol at me. I don't scare easy. If he was gonna use it he would have taken it out of the case first. I grabbed my phone, slammed on breaks, and went to get behind him to get his tag number. Well he stops in the road. So i hit it in reverse and get behind him anyways. next thing I know i'm on the phone with 911 going 90 in my sedan coming into construction traffic. Well he u-turned infront of a cement truck and was gone before I could safely get turned around. i am so pissed. Luck for him I stopped carrying 2 years ago when my son was in his get into everything stage. I know I'll see him again and when I do he's momma can get ready for her news appererance to cry over the injustic of he son getting the max sentence (side note - don't piss someone off that's freinds with the DA and AG) because he's going to jail or maybe some place the rhymes with jail if he feels froggy. I'll be re-envoking my second amendment right again today. Thugs beware.

Wow I feel much better now.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:56 PM

People like that are idiots who usually end up getting someone else killed while they walk away without a scatch! I see that all the time. It's ridiculous and dangerous. I don't step on my brakes, but I do take my foot off the gas and usually they get the message to back off if they want me to get back up to speed.

Back in March, I had my nephew in the backseat and this chick was riding my butt talking on her cell phone. The speed limit is 60 there. I slowed down and she still didn't back off; she was so close, all I could see was her hood. I was so scared 'cause my nephew was right there; it made me so angry that she was jeopardizing his life. She finally pulled out and passed me ONLY to stop about 1/4 mile in front of me to turn left into an addition.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Miss Foxy

Hopefully that jackass will pull his gun on the wrong person really soon!! I hate people like that!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Blade

Are you sure the gun-toting driver wasn't actually your hubby making threats in an attempt to avoid a repeat of you preventing him watching UFC again this Saturday?
Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Are you sure the gun-toting driver wasn't actually your hubby making threats in an attempt to avoid a repeat of you preventing him watching UFC again this Saturday?
Wow you have a good memory. My husband is really tan, but I'm pretty sure he's not black. Plus we have an agreement about fights since I pay the cable bill and that is no talking during fights if I won't like what you have to say - and that goes for anyone at my house, kids & hubby included. It works well.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Twinsmama

well did you get his tag or something?

so many people carry a gun that shouldn't! i wonder what you would have done if you would have had your gun w/ you? i know you are mad now but it's something to think about in case you start carrying again.

i'm w/ bonnie i wouldn't have tapped my brakes i just slow down and let the dumba$$ pass. i hope the cops find out who that person was. He needs to have his gun privilages take away...if he has them.

what kind of a man would do that to a woman?!?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:06 PM

There are crazy people out there. If I were you I wouldn't tap your brakes. Just hug the right white line so the person gets the idea to pass. You could have been killed.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

I really hate bad drivers and get really, really ticked off about the gun stuff. I now take a longer way in to work so I can go back roads and not have to deal with one particular intersection. I can't take the stress of that kind of traffic anymore. I used to drive in downtown Houston every day. Those folks are some of the most aggressive drivers in the US. Here, people are just idiots who can't drive and don't pay attention. They're way more dangerous to me than the aggressive drivers.

~Amy
Old 05-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I really hate bad drivers and get really, really ticked off about the gun stuff. I now take a longer way in to work so I can go back roads and not have to deal with one particular intersection. I can't take the stress of that kind of traffic anymore. I used to drive in downtown Houston every day. Those folks are some of the most aggressive drivers in the US. Here, people are just idiots who can't drive and don't pay attention. They're way more dangerous to me than the aggressive drivers.

~Amy
Agreed. At least aggressive drivers are paying attention to everything aroudn them when they make their stupid moves. Most of the drivers in the 804 are pretty much just idiots.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:19 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
well did you get his tag or something?

so many people carry a gun that shouldn't! i wonder what you would have done if you would have had your gun w/ you? i know you are mad now but it's something to think about in case you start carrying again.

what kind of a man would do that to a woman?!?
I only got the first 2 letters of his tag. Yes I was mad as hell and maybe wished for a minute I could just choke the life out of the jerk or maybe show him I'm not a coward and I won't be threatened by a thug. If I did still have a pistol in my car i don't know what would've happened; maybe nothing at all but it's more the piece of mind that if he would have actually tried to hurt me I could defend myself. I own a gun for protection only. I have no desire to have to defend myself by taking another life it that's what you mean.

And he's no man. He's a P.O.S.