Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 AM
Stump Rules!

Hey you can't do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Dont I have a virtual restraining order against you .. you can't post within 3 posts of mine ...

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Quell

Why is it so many inmates find a religious belief when they get locked up? I'm a changed man bla bla bla can't tell you how many times I've heard that only to see them again in a couple months for violating there parole. When times are hard people tend to lean towards religion...which is the case here. He's locked up and has nothing but time to reflect. The real test for LEIST will be when he gets out. I hope (for him and his family) that he keeps his faith and goes down the right path.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Quell

Here is his indictment: Link

Appeal: Link

Conviction:Link

Here is were he's at: Greenville Link

The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Greenville, Illinois, is a medium security facility housing male offenders. An adjacent satellite prison camp houses minimum security female offenders.

FCI Greenville is located approximately 43 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri, and 63 miles from Springfield, Illinois
Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quell
Why is it so many inmates find a religious belief when they get locked up? I'm a changed man bla bla bla can't tell you how many times I've heard that only to see them again in a couple months for violating there parole. When times are hard people tend to lean towards religion...which is the case here. He's locked up and has nothing but time to reflect. The real test for LEIST will be when he gets out. I hope (for him and his family) that he keeps his faith and goes down the right path.
Well, when you've been knocked flat on your back, you have nowhere to look but up. People are simply more receptive to GOD when their world has come crashing down around them.

However, I am a little skeptical when someone "finds GOD" in prison and instantly tries to get his/her sentence commuted. Someone who is truly born-again would accept their punishment as consequences for their actions even if it means accepting the death penalty.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, when you've been knocked flat on your back, you have nowhere to look but up. People are simply more receptive to GOD when their world has come crashing down around them.

However, I am a little skeptical when someone "finds GOD" in prison and instantly tries to get his/her sentence commuted. Someone who is truly born-again would accept their punishment as consequences for their actions even if it means accepting the death penalty.
Yes; we saw this with the case of Karla Faye Tucker here in Texas. She was born-again and was a model prisoner and was put to death in 1998. All pleas for commutation to "life" were denied and her sentence carried out. I do believe she accepted her punishment, death. I would have been okay with them commuting her sentence to life (no parole), but I was also okay with her punishment. I think she understood that that was the consequence of "her" actions.

I am happy for those in prison who truly find God, but I don't think that should get them a lesser sentence or a "get out of jail" card. God was with them all along; it's just that like Nathan said they are more "receptive" when they finally hit rock bottom and they are living the reality of their actions.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

GOD may forgive you of your actions, but he does ask you pay the consequences of them
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I think this is an amazing story.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:13 AM
MMeh

I'm praying for this man, I truly hope he's found some peace and regardless of what happens in the future for him, hopefully God's grace will allow him to deal with what may come. This is a really good story, a nice change of pace given all the bad news recently. Thanks for sharing it with us Matt.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
GroundNPound

Matt has a stalker...that is weird.

That does suck for that guy...20 years???????????????? Damn that's harsh.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 AM
LookingToTheNorth

Default Saved Christian?

This post is in reference to the photo that Matt Hughes posted on his blog page. For anyone who ever had even the slightest doubt in Matt Hughes, I know for an absolute fact that Jed Leist asked to be "choked" out for the photo and that Mr. Hughes is 100% innocent of any wrong-doing! I was at UFC 64 and witnessed the alleged incident, as well as the "aftermath." The letter serves as validation that Mr. Hughes was in the right all along. It frightens me to no ends that the exact same day he wrote Mr. Hughes the "forgiveness" letter, he sent me hate mail. The exact same day! I will not go into much detail only that his letter is full of false accusations, name calling, slander & insults, attempts at blackmail, and threats against myself, my family and my friends. Are these the actions of a "saved Christian?" Matt, I beg you to beware and proceed with caution. God bless you, your family and all your fans always.