Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Jessi

It takes some balls to write a letter like this...and especially to a guy like Matt. Wish my brother in law could own up to his mistakes like this guy!!! I truly think he too far south for any of us to help him now though.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:25 PM
KevinD

Thanks for sharing that letter. Its great to hear a positive message come from all that. God is good.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

It just goes to show you, you can have all the riches, friends, best jobs, nice homes, everything, but if you don't have Jesus, well you truly have nothing ...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessi
It takes some balls to write a letter like this...and especially to a guy like Matt. Wish my brother in law could own up to his mistakes like this guy!!! I truly think he too far south for any of us to help him now though.
never too late to get anyone help .. if you really care for this guy, then you gotta try to save him before it is too late ...
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Chuck

Hey Matt I don't know if you'll stop back by in this thread but I'm curious how or if you responded to this.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Hey Matt I don't know if you'll stop back by in this thread but I'm curious how or if you responded to this.
That makes 2 of us!

[
Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM
cheachea

All things work together for good to them that love God. This is awesome. Thank God.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hughes
I received this letter in the mail today and thought it was interesting enough to share it with you all. This is the entire letter, I've just removed certain names to protect the identity of his family.
GOD works in mysterious ways that has to be one of the most bizzare ways i've ever heard of.

Sooo he falsley accused you because he felt dejected when he met you and didnt like your friend Tim Sylvia Well...I've never met Tim Sylvia...but I wasnt dejected when I met you, either time

Looks like he had issues, but Prison gave him the opportunity for the seeds to grow which you planted in him by talking about GOD. You know who you should tell about this? The one person in your group who wouldnt read the Book...I would...but I'm not his friend on Myspace
Old 03-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Sounds like he should have been choked out years ago.
perhaps Matt choked some sense into him
Old 03-02-2009, 12:37 PM
talkin_smack1

Here is why the guy is in prison:
JEDSON EDWARD LEIST, 36, of Acworth, Georgia, was sentenced this morning to 20 years in federal prison by United States District Judge Robert L. Vining, Jr., for crimes including false statements; wire and mail fraud; possession of a firearm by a felon and by a domestic violence misdemeanant; and a mail and wire fraud scheme involving the use of fake fingerprints.
United States Attorney David E. Nahmias said, "The evidence proved that Leist, with help from his wife, circumvented the gun laws that prohibit a convicted felon from possessing a firearm."

With a set of clean fingerprints and help from a co-conspirator, Leist lied to the Rockmart Police Department and the FBI so that he could acquire a badge and carry a gun despite his criminal past. In convicting Leist, the jury unequivocally condemned these criminal acts as unacceptable. The 20 year prison sentence speaks for itself.

LEIST was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison, to be followed by 5 years of supervised release

I have a little knowledge about this and that is all I am going to say about it. Lets just say I work for a Federal Prison...??? I am sure if Matt reads this post he will know who I am... DW neighbor.... Sorry I can't say more..