Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,323
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Yeah, the sub difficultly is ridiculous. I embarrassed myself in front of Rachelle.

Btw, have you figured out how to unlock camp logos yet? I've learned 5-6ish moves from the HIT Squad, but still no luck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I wish they would let you do career mode using a UFC fighter.

I was hoping the feature with be in this game.

Also Matt can do head kicks in this version of the game... Has Matt ever thrown a head kick?
He's thrown a few. can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure he has.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, the sub difficultly is ridiculous. I embarrassed myself in front of Rachelle.

Btw, have you figured out how to unlock camp logos yet? I've learned 5-6ish moves from the HIT Squad, but still no luck.
No, I did a bunch of moves and still got nothing either. I'm not sure if you have to do them all or not...

Oh, and here is a tip for the subs that I read a little while ago that helped me out...

When you click RS to engage the sub, hold it in to CHARGE the sub, but DON'T START SPINNING THE STICK until you see the animation slightly change and the camera begins to zoom in...., when ou see that, then you can spin the stick clockwise and smoothly rather quickly. If you time it right you will lock in the sub with relative ease. Each submission's animation is slightly different so it takes some practice. It's also important to remember to use guys with good subs and try to beat your opponents down a little bit before making attempts...(although that doesn't help much in the cases of UFM like when you have to sub Trigg with Hughes in the first round, I'm still struggling there, lol)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-02-2010, 04:28 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,323
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
No, I did a bunch of moves and still got nothing either. I'm not sure if you have to do them all or not...

Oh, and here is a tip for the subs that I read a little while ago that helped me out...

When you click RS to engage the sub, hold it in to CHARGE the sub, but DON'T START SPINNING THE STICK until you see the animation slightly change and the camera begins to zoom in...., when ou see that, then you can spin the stick clockwise and smoothly rather quickly. If you time it right you will lock in the sub with relative ease. Each submission's animation is slightly different so it takes some practice. It's also important to remember to use guys with good subs and try to beat your opponents down a little bit before making attempts...(although that doesn't help much in the cases of UFM like when you have to sub Trigg with Hughes in the first round, I'm still struggling there, lol)
Man, that's gonna be a pain! I've gotta get my grappling offense up to 60 so I can learn Matt's Crucifix (the game got it wrong & called it "Salaverry" )*. Of course, I wanted that move anyhow, so it's not that much of a hardship. I just wish I could be representing the HIT Squad already! It was a little awkward when I had to fight Karl Thomas (HIT Squad's in-game LHW/my Camp Invite training partner) to make it into the UFC. It was cool though, he taught me a hip toss the week before we threw down!

Thanks for the info on the subs! Chuck Liddell KOed me last night (my first loss ), so I'm gonna rematch him & choke him out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,323
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Btw, I KOed Chuck in the 2nd with a lead-leg high kick.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Btw, I KOed Chuck in the 2nd with a lead-leg high kick.
You fought Chuck already? is this in career mode?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:42 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
You fought Chuck already? is this in career mode?
If you are fighting though LHW you actually fight him kinda early, at least I did.

He got what they all got, KTFO!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

What'd you get him with JB?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

The graphics seem a lot better adn the fighters look more realistic.

Nice job on the shorts and banner Nate!

Who all from the HIT Squad are on the game?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:50 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
The graphics seem a lot better adn the fighters look more realistic.

Nice job on the shorts and banner Nate!

Who all from the HIT Squad are on the game?
I fought him a couple times, both times I think it was a right hook.

I made my guy like 6'7 and only focused on strength, speed, cardio, and striking offense/defense. He can basically KO anybody with a few shots, but he has no strengths in anything else, so if it goes to the ground he is screwed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.