Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
This bothers me also. Matt NEVER looks up before his hand is raised. He is always looking at the ground. Did the game designers even bother to watch any of Matt's fights?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
This bothers me also. Matt NEVER looks up before his hand is raised. He is always looking at the ground. Did the game designers even bother to watch any of Matt's fights?
As soon as I started reading this comment I knew you were gonna say he always looks at the ground!

Quote:
That annoys me. Matt NEVER taunts or struts.
I hear ya, but the "taunt" is one of the features of the game and every fighter has something that they do. I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be when I first played the game (because I never read the instructions) and I got an "Xbox Achievement" for "taunting" 5 times in a match.

The other thing I noticed about Matt is that he has the ability to switch from Orthodox to Southpaw, which is a feature they only let some fighters do. I don't get why every fighter couldn't have this ability, it's not like changing the way they stand is something that any fighter couldn't do in a fight.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Bobby71

Quote:
That annoys me. Matt NEVER taunts or struts.
The strut / walk reminds me of when real Matt first walks into the cage before a fight. I have never seen real Matt do it in a fight.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I hear ya, but the "taunt" is one of the features of the game and every fighter has something that they do. I didn't even realize what it was supposed to be when I first played the game (because I never read the instructions) and I got an "Xbox Achievement" for "taunting" 5 times in a match.
That kind of thing bothers me, because I remember playing Fight Night for the Gamecube several years ago and every single boxer did some kind of ridiculous taunt when they won. I was so disgusted by it that I returned the game. To me that's just rewarding players (and especially the kids and teenagers who play these games) for bad sportsmanship and setting a very bad example for real life.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
That kind of thing bothers me, because I remember playing Fight Night for the Gamecube several years ago and every single boxer did some kind of ridiculous taunt when they won. I was so disgusted by it that I returned the game. To me that's just rewarding players (and especially the kids and teenagers who play these games) for bad sportsmanship and setting a very bad example for real life.
For the record I love the fight night series, and I know exactly what you are talking about as far as the post fight animations. They don't do it after every fight and it's changed over the years, but I will agree that it's not the best example or representation of how the fighters truly act all the time. Like for instance Roy Jones didn't stand over opponents and pound his chest. I think it's just more of the video game aspect of rewarding the player for winning with some sort of ego-boosting cut-scene, but you are right about not setting the best example for kids. I don't have any kids, but if I did they wouldn't be playing about 90% the games I play either.

I should also note that this UFC game actually takes being disrespectful to another level as far as MMA or Boxing video games are concerned. First off, there is some swearing in some of the voice overs for the story mode done by Dana White. I don't personally care much, but he didn't need to do that. Secondly, when your fighter is progressing through his career and becomes a contender for the title, you start getting interviewed by Joe Rogan after the fights and you are given the option of how to respond, with "Disrespect" being one of the options. Granted, the "disrespectful" lines are not as over the top as some of the things real fighters say and the lines are typically very generic. However the option is still there, and it can actually generate rivalries between your fighter and other fighters. You also will be prompted to attend some of the weigh-ins for your fights where you can again to chose to either respect or disrespect your opponent.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Crisco

I wish they would let you do career mode using a UFC fighter.

I was hoping the feature with be in this game.

Also Matt can do head kicks in this version of the game... Has Matt ever thrown a head kick?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 AM
sender

EXTREME!!!!

anyone whos got it on the xbox add me sender007 boo yeah!

I have noticed though its seems impossible to submit anyone :S
Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 AM

On the main they have got Matt Hughes pretty good, like his posture and standing movements.

Also he gets to do the Crucifix posistion which is superb.

The taunts from what I can see from Matt never make him look too cocksure.

He does have the Matt Hughes imperiousness.

It's good though but can't seem to save my game on career mode?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I just got this game Sunday. I got a really late graduation check from my aunt (apparently a guy in the post office had been stealing cash/checks/giftcards/etc.), so I immediately ran out to Best Buy & picked up the 120GB XBox 360 (came with Halo 3: ODST & Forza 3) & UFC 2010. As of 2am when I finally went to sleep last night, my fighter was 10-0 with 10 (T)KOs, 8 in the 1st round, & had just put Lyoto Machida to sleep on his first PPV appearance.

I love this game!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:43 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I'm definitely loving the game for the most part, but there are some rather annoying quirks.

Submissions are a lot more complicated than I personally think they need to be. I never understood why Yukes and THQ went ahead with a right stick based sub system when they saw how miserably it failed on all the early UFC titles for older consoles. When EA's MMA game hits the market, I can't see how this title will even be able to come close considering EA's game uses "Total Punch Control" from the Fight Night series, with the left trigger acting as a "kick modifier". Also, the grappling and submissions are (from what I've gathered) controlled by various mini-games that are less akin to break your controllers and your hands than that of UFC's "shine" system, which basically sucks.

I refuse to play the online mode because THQ decided to charge $5 to use it unless you buy the game brand new (I always rent games before I buy them). Now, $5 is not a big deal, and I get WHY they do it, and why other companies are gonna start doing it. BUT SHOULDN'T THE ONLINE MODES ACTUALLY WORK IF YOU ARE GONNA TURN A PROFIT OFF IT??? So many people basically find the online system to be a total mess, full of lag and ultimately EPIC FAIL that its a slap in the face to all gamers and UFC fans that they would charge money for such nonsense.

My last gripe is kinda nit-picky, but valid nonetheless. How friggin hard would it have been for them to insert a RETRY option into the Ultimate Fights Mode? It's annoying when you are trying to finish the A-Class challenges to unlock the UFC Bonus Movies and you miss one part of the challenge and you are forced to either finish the match (and get nothing) or quit and go back to the main menu. Then, you gotta sit and wait while it wants to play all that buildup video footage over again. Yeah, you can button mash and skip it, but it still gets REAL old REAL fast.

That is all, for now.