Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Rev

Default Hunt of My lifetime!!!!

After thinking that I would never have the chance to hunt big buck country, it is finally going to happen!!! This year I will be going to Fayette County Il. for the rut!! Let me know how close you all are and we might be able to hook up. I know that Oddtodd is close because I am hunting with him. If you have any pics of deer from that area please post them.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:13 AM
surveyorshawn

Nothing like hunting in the midwest! You'll love it, and it will spoil you bro! I'm not sure if those guys really know how good they have it until they have to hunt somewhere else for a while, lol!
Old 05-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
After thinking that I would never have the chance to hunt big buck country, it is finally going to happen!!! This year I will be going to Fayette County Il. for the rut!! Let me know how close you all are and we might be able to hook up. I know that Oddtodd is close because I am hunting with him. If you have any pics of deer from that area please post them.
Im about 10 minutes from the Fayette County Line.

You bow hunting or shotgun ?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Rev

Bow baby! Is there anything else? We need to get something to eat when I get up there dude. I will be with Todd and his cousin and I think you guys have gotten together before so that could be something we could work out.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Mac

Will DO man , look me up , ill pm you my number.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Garandshooter

Illinois is a great place to bow hunt, even in area's that don't have heavy woods cover. My first year out I shot 3 deer from the same tree line in between corn and bean fields. I have never Killed anything impressive as far as big bucks go, but I have seen many while not hunting.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 PM
surveyorshawn

I hunted in Illinois in 2006 and got a 130" 8 pt. I really rushed the shot because my hunt was getting cut short due to work stuff back home, so I took the first nice buck to walk by. The guy who owned the place where I hunted had taken two bucks in the 180's in the past few years.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Rev

pics dang it! pics i say!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Oddtodd76

It is going to be a good time! Hey Rev, you don't have to worry about cottonmouths up here. I will try an d dig up some pics for ya!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
surveyorshawn

Here is my 2006 Illinois bowkill. He is not huge, but it was a decent one for a bow. It scored 130 and had a 20" inside spread.

In this pic, my deer is the one on the far right.