Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Blade

Personally, I think GSP has become predictable and boring. On the one hand you can't blame him for fighting smart and to his strengths, that's fair enough I guess, but if you're gonna just take people down and lie on them the whole time, at least develop some ferocious ground and pound. Fighters like Hughes and Tito always look to take the fight to the ground, but they're exciting ground fighters because at least they cover the Octagon in claret and batter people senseless while they're down there, GSP just looks like he's gettin' jiggy with it.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Personally, I think GSP has become predictable and boring. On the one hand you can't blame him for fighting smart and to his strengths, that's fair enough I guess, but if you're gonna just take people down and lie on them the whole time, at least develop some ferocious ground and pound. Fighters like Hughes and Tito always look to take the fight to the ground, but they're exciting ground fighters because at least they cover the Octagon in claret and batter people senseless while they're down there, GSP just looks like he's gettin' jiggy with it.
+1
Old 05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the people who find him boring are the same people who want him to lose ... if your basketball team is up 30 points going in to the final quarter, you are still gonna be excited .. if your team is the one down by 30, the TV goes off, cuz you know it is a foregone conclusion ... after the first couple rounds in his last fight, you know he isn't going to get caught, so it automatically becomes boring ...

See that's where I think differently.. in a fight.. if it becomes a foregone conculsion, the fighters have to know that as well.. or at least should.. that's when the fighter that is losing.. will start trying the harder.. risky stuff.. and the fighter that is "up"... needs to be wary of that...

unless you have both corners telling them that they are winning..

I like the idea of posting fight scores between rounds... Don't remember where I saw that brought up.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
que

he bores me. i like his fights from 3-5 years ago much more exciting and entertaining. now he's just predictable, like a boring robot that does the same things over and over for every opponent. i'm not interested in that very much at all.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Homerun = Exciting

Perfect Game = Boring

Some Fans = Ridiculous
Old 05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Homerun = Exciting

Perfect Game = Boring

Some Fans = Ridiculous

#1 and #3 I agree with..

Does that keep our streak going?

/Hannibal Lecter voice..."People will say we're in love."
Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
GnP

Totally agree with this. If for no better reason than sit Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis down and have a chat with them. You will only understand what one of them says but they were both great champions. Fighting safe is the only smart way to give your career true longevity and have a good quality of life afterwards
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Miss Foxy

I am a GSP hater, but I gotta respect that he is speaking the truth... However if he would just be honest about the greaseeeeeee...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Its interesting that most of the people who hate GSP for being boring hated him well before his last 2 decision wins.

Those are the only two fights that could be seen as boring... Some poeple have actually called the fitch fight boring.. Those people must hate mma cus that fight was non stop action with GSP beating the hell out of Fitch for 5 rounds
Old 05-26-2010, 08:26 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
Totally agree with this. If for no better reason than sit Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis down and have a chat with them. You will only understand what one of them says but they were both great champions. Fighting safe is the only smart way to give your career true longevity and have a good quality of life afterwards
Ain't that the truth