Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 PM

Check out how long that sword is in the first picture. And there are FIVE sticking out of the bulls withers that I can see.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Check out how long that sword is in the first picture. And there are FIVE sticking out of the bulls withers that I can see.

I guess it's a cultural thing, Flo. I'm with you. And, I've never understood the whole "running of the bulls" thing either. Usually one or more of the spectators ends up getting gored in that thing. I've been to the rodeo where they stick money on the horns and people from the audience sign releases to get in the ring to try to get the bill off his horns. I think that's crazy! That bull better have a gold bullion on his horn before I get in there.

One time, at a rodeo, they were doing this and of course people were getting run over by the bull, and all of a sudden, this young guy in front of my sister and I stands up and shouts, "This is crazy!" He was quite distressed by the whole thing. My sister and I looked at him then looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was just so unusual to see such a reaction from such a young person (especially a guy ) when normally you see guys egg'n their friends on to actually do stupid stuff like that. There were women out there too. Sometimes, stupid goes both ways!

Last edited by Bonnie; 05-24-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIP7wdW7EQg

Old 05-24-2010, 05:34 PM

i wonder if shane carwin had one good shot if he could ko a bull... I dont know much about a bulls anatomy but with the way there head is shaped its probably impossable.... But hey didnt Robeto duran knock out a horse?

anyway bull fighter deserved it!!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:34 PM

Good one, JB, I loved the breakfast club. IIRC, then he walks away with toilet paper hanging out of his pants.

The running of the bulls bothers me too, Bonnie. Those people need to get a life.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:39 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Yep. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he's dead.
The article says they killed the bull immediately. That's the messed up part. They shouldn't put any arrows, spears, etc. into the bull. The bull and the matador should do their little dance. If the matador succesfully taunts and avoids the bull for the expected duration, then the bull goes to the slaughter house and becomes a meal. However, if the bull is able get a horn into the matador, the bull goes out to pasture and the matador is sent to the slaughter house instead.

Sounds fair to me.

See how many people sign up to be matadors with those rules.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I guess it's a cultural thing.
Yeah well Spain is practically a Third World country, I wouldn't expect anything less from those ignorant peasants. It's a pity the bull didn't kill that greasy haired fop and all those in attendance.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Yeah well Spain is practically a Third World country, I wouldn't expect anything less from those ignorant peasants. It's a pity the bull didn't kill that greasy haired fop and all those in attendance.
spain is hardly a third world country

is america a third world country for having rodeos???
Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
spain is hardly a third world country
It is in my eyes.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
It is in my eyes.
cuss of the bullfighting?.... anyone can take one horrible aspect of a country and call it third world... like the united states with its third world homicide rates.... Does that make it a third world country? absolutely not! Spain is a beautiful country with good people. Whats your bias against it????