Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-23-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Yeah, there are plenty of other reason's to call him a jerk, so I'll let this one go ;)
Ha ha, i did hate him after TUF but i now really like him and i never thought i would. I truly thought he was the only one that could give GSP some trouble in the forseeable future along with Alves of course.

Now its a long road back if ever really.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Ha ha, i did hate him after TUF but i now really like him and i never thought i would. I truly thought he was the only one that could give GSP some trouble in the forseeable future along with Alves of course.

Now its a long road back if ever really.
His only hope is that Dana and joe Silva thought it was a premature stoppage too. and the more of a fuss he puts up the better chance he has of getting a top opponent next time.

[
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
hizo64

All I have to say about Koscheck's loss is.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
His only hope is that Dana and joe Silva thought it was a premature stoppage too. and the more of a fuss he puts up the better chance he has of getting a top opponent next time.
Yeah was just on the UFC website and reading the articles from Di Santo and Gerbasi and Di Santo has it right in that Koschecks next fight is monumental for him.

Hopefully he can pull off another big victory, He is too good to be a gatekeeper for the division.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
I think that was nothing short of invasion of his privacy to be honnest. He went to his dressing room to let off a bit of steam dissapointed in the loss, and the camara man wont leave him alone when he obviously just wants to be with his corner.

That sorta reaction in private I would possibly expect, and wont hold against him. I dont think we had much right to view that and thus no reason to judge him on it
Old 02-23-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I think that was nothing short of invasion of his privacy to be honnest. He went to his dressing room to let off a bit of steam dissapointed in the loss, and the camara man wont leave him alone when he obviously just wants to be with his corner.

That sorta reaction in private I would possibly expect, and wont hold against him. I dont think we had much right to view that and thus no reason to judge him on it
Godo point Dave!

[
Old 02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Godo point Dave!
I learned quickly, that Fighters, being human, need space, even from the photographers. Granted in a far more humble setting, like Cage Gladiators, a Venue not even Sherdog Regularly visits LOL.

I on the other hand do have access, rather exclusive access backstage, and I am always careful. Some fighters dont want to be recorded, especially not at certain times. Right after a fight is NEVER a good time, even if they've won...you wont get no sense out of them until they've relaxed...and if they lose, unless they approach you to unburned yourself, or you have a special relationship with them...leave them alone...even if you only want to say your sorry...they dont need or always want to hear it.

I usually wait til AFTER the event, OR in the intival for the prelims, before I approach a fighter AFTER his match...To me, That guy was mean...firstly, he was acting violatory by the ommission of any other camaras. The rest presumably had not ventured INTO Koschecks cabin. Secondly, when Koscheck was pacing, visibly distressed, and was failing to answer the questions...rather then carry on he should have stopped.

Had the cornermen not been in obvious shock themselves, they probably would have told the guy to f'off and with good reason. What he did was not right...I mean not unless he was like Koschecks best friend, or invited specially...I dont get that impression from the video.

So now he makes Koscheck look bad, which isnt going to make Josh feel any better when he's calmed down. So I'm not giving it another thought. As far as im concerned, behind closed doors with his cornerman after an upset and grave contriversial dissapointment...he has the right to cry, sware and hit the wall afew times, in peace, in the safety of his friends and training camp...without the forums buzzing about what an arse he is....He is an arse..but..even arses have rights
Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I'm wishing now that the ref would have let paulo land another shot while Kos had has hands on the ground and his chin pointing to the rafters. Then maybe he'd accept the loss.
I like how his coach says "we've been to 100 UFC's and they never stopped it like that". How many signs were there around the building that said UFC 95
To be fair, there have been more than 95 UFC's though. There have been 95 regular events, a 7.5, 15.5, and a 17.5 lol. Se he was really close. lol
Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

I couldn't have said it better. Kos had every right to vent over his loss, that doesn't make him a jerk.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
To be fair, there have been more than 95 UFC's though. There have been 95 regular events, a 7.5, 15.5, and a 17.5 lol. Se he was really close. lol
Plus all the Fight Nights, TUF Finales, Fight for the Troops, etc... that brings the total to well over 100