Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Yeah I understand what he meant.

Yeah, I'd be pissed that my fighter got overconfident and got hit with a lead uppercut too!
That wasn't a bad stoppage, and Kos and his team should suck it up. No matter how hard they cry or whine the loss is there and it's not going anywhere. I know it's got to be a huge disappointment after all the training, but he's not going anywhere and all this is doing is showing his ass.
I really didnt think he was acting like an ass in that video, it was expected the way he acted. He was just pissed. Have you ever seen Mark Colemans reaction to loss to fedor? Now that was a temper tantrum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw HEAVY HEAVY LANGUAGE!!!! So watch at own risk,lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
TheConcretekid

"Throwing a tantrum" might be a little much...

You got to see if from his point of view. There is a nerve bewteen your jaw and your skull and when you get hit on the chin like that it pinches this nerve which cause you to black out and your knees to buckle. And during this time you can't defend yourself, thus the ref stoppage. A 100% correct and timely stoppage in my opinion.

But to Kos, it was: "Oh man, I'm picking apart this BJJ guy, after this fight, I'll take on another WW and get my shot at GSP again. Me and Fitch did the better against GSP than anyone else, I think I can take him this time and then I'll be able to... Why the hell did you stop the fight, ref??"

After you recover from this little black out you are basically 100% back to normal, esp in this case, as it wasnt a terribly hard uppercut, just one that was right on the button. So after the ref stopped it Kos was 100% fine, thus he was a little upset. But if the ref didnt stop it then, Thiago wouldve been on him and landing 3 or 4 more blows and Kos wouldve been asleep for at least a couple minutes, and he would not have been 100% fine upon waking up.

But his reaction isnt anything too surprising, as has been said before; he trained for months, he was utterly winning the fight and then he gets caught, the ref stops it, and immediately after the stoppage Kos is 100% ready to continue fighting, I'd be pissed too.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT

ahahahahahaahhaahah..... I can't wait to watch it when I get home from work!!!!

never liked him.. he seemed to be maturing a good bit after his last fight..

Guess I was wrong.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
I'm wishing now that the ref would have let paulo land another shot while Kos had has hands on the ground and his chin pointing to the rafters. Then maybe he'd accept the loss.
I like how his coach says "we've been to 100 UFC's and they never stopped it like that". How many signs were there around the building that said UFC 95

Ding Ding!!!! Teh! winnar!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
thats throwing a tantrum? i really dont like him but come on now,
Old 02-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Preach

Good stoppage and might I say it made my night to see him fold
Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
I really didnt think he was acting like an ass in that video, it was expected the way he acted. He was just pissed. Have you ever seen Mark Colemans reaction to loss to fedor? Now that was a temper tantrum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oCnqy8Klaw HEAVY HEAVY LANGUAGE!!!! So watch at own risk,lol.
Yeah that one is hilarious! It's obviously some sort of roid rage.
All I can think of is "HULK SMASH!!" The Japanese people are running from him!

[
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM

You know how it is for any of us. Couple of days after Josh will know that yeah he got caught well and will of course understand why it was stopped but cmon it was straight after the fight, His reaction isnt terrible, it is entirely understandable. Especially when you think about how much time and effort goes in. So i think it is really unfair to call him out on this saying he is a jerk.

Perhaps for other matters but this, it aint nothing.

i understand the stoppage but still think it was wrong.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Yeah that one is hilarious! It's obviously some sort of roid rage.
All I can think of is "HULK SMASH!!" The Japanese people are running from him!
uggghh.... Please dont pay attention to the title. I hate the term, "roid rage".
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
You know how it is for any of us. Couple of days after Josh will know that yeah he got caught well and will of course understand why it was stopped but cmon it was straight after the fight, His reaction isnt terrible, it is entirely understandable. Especially when you think about how much time and effort goes in. So i think it is really unfair to call him out on this saying he is a jerk.

Perhaps for other matters but this, it aint nothing.

i understand the stoppage but still think it was wrong.
Yeah, there are plenty of other reason's to call him a jerk, so I'll let this one go ;)

[