Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 AM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
lol
that would probably be my reaction too if i thought it was stopped prematurely
unfortunately it was a good stoppage, though
I thought the very same thing.....my initial reaction was that it was stopped too early, but I after watching the replays a bit.....I came to see that it was a good stoppage. Koscheck was in a position to be the recipient of some punches thrown with "bad intentions" as Mike Tyson used to say.

Later.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 AM
Hughes_GOAT

see, like i said, the uppercut put him out but the follow up woke him. when the uppercut lands, his arms drop like he's out, then the left hook woke him up. you can see him sit up and then lay back anticipating Thiago going into his guard but the ref stopped it.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 AM
matthughesfan21

it didn't look that bad to me, but I still don't like him
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 AM

I thought he was recovering. Yeah still may have been stopped but i think a fighter on his level deserved the chance even if it meant eating another punch.

And cmon we know in many many fights, and especially refs like Big John have let fighters with a more time to get back in.

How can you call Koscheck an arsehole for having the hump. Even if the stoppage is right, in his mind it isnt, so his got KO'd, the fight is lost, he has to work now another 18 months to get back into contention again. I would be hugely frustrated.

On top of that, we ALL know on here how journalists twist things, yeah he is being all polite and meekly asking but the'll twist and scandalise your words as soon as they can. So i dont blame Josh for controlling himself from saying something stupid in the heat of the moment. it was smart
Old 02-23-2009, 01:08 PM

I'm wishing now that the ref would have let paulo land another shot while Kos had has hands on the ground and his chin pointing to the rafters. Then maybe he'd accept the loss.
I like how his coach says "we've been to 100 UFC's and they never stopped it like that". How many signs were there around the building that said UFC 95

[
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I like Kos and wanted him to win. At first, I thought it looked like a premature stoppage, but then I saw the replay and his eyes were rolled into the back of his head. He may have recovered before Thiago got to him, but he was out. Good stoppage by the ref.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I'm wishing now that the ref would have let paulo land another shot while Kos had has hands on the ground and his chin pointing to the rafters. Then maybe he'd accept the loss.
I like how his coach says "we've been to 100 UFC's and they never stopped it like that". How many signs were there around the building that said UFC 95
Obviously it's just an expression, he's pissed so he's not gonna say, "we have been to 46 UFC's." They are just venting, I would be pissed too.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
Obviously it's just an expression, he's pissed so he's not gonna say, "we have been to 46 UFC's." They are just venting, I would be pissed too.
Yeah I understand what he meant.

Yeah, I'd be pissed that my fighter got overconfident and got hit with a lead uppercut too!
That wasn't a bad stoppage, and Kos and his team should suck it up. No matter how hard they cry or whine the loss is there and it's not going anywhere. I know it's got to be a huge disappointment after all the training, but he's not going anywhere and all this is doing is showing his ass.

[
Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
CAVEMAN

Clearly a good stoppage from the ref. Kos was out after that uppercut.
The little braze from the hook woke him back up. But he was definitely ko'd after that uppercut!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
GroundNPound

I didn't mind the stoppage. He got caught it happens. More than likely he would have eaten 3 more punches before the ref jumped in.