Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-21-2010, 11:17 AM
GnP

Default Kos plans on KO'ing GSP

Josh Koscheck has been scratching and clawing his way into title contention since his arrival in the Ultimate Fighting Championship via “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show’s debut season.

He’s been on the cusp of a title shot on a few occasions, but untimely losses to Georges St-Pierre, Thiago Alves, and Paulo Thiago derailed his track to fighting for the championship.

The American Kickboxing Academy trained athlete knew for “a long time” before stepping in the Octagon with Paul Daley at UFC 113 on May 8 that a win would garner him a title bout and a rematch with St-Pierre, only this time it would be a five-round contest.

“This time it is everything. This is going to be it man,” Koscheck told MMAWeekly.com. “This is my run to the title and I’m going to get it. I’m close. I’ve got to be focused. I’ve got to train and I’m coming out of this fight with a victory.”

Following his win over Daley in Montreal, Koscheck let it be known that he’d like for the rematch to take place near his hometown of Waynesburg, Penn., in Pittsburg.

“I think the city of Pittsburg needs something like that. I’m from the area and it would be great to come home and have the support of all of my fans that have been backing me all the way since I was in college wrestling all the way up to now fighting for the title,” said Koscheck. “Pittsburg would be a great, great city to have the UFC.”

Pittsburg is just the 32-year-old fighter’s first choice, and anticipates a good event no matter what city plays host.

“Bringing the UFC to Pittsburg would be awesome, but regardless where it is it’s going to be a great event and me and St-Pierre are going to put on a good show.”

St-Pierre was able to out-wrestle the four-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler when they first met at UFC 74 in August of 2007, but Koscheck refuses to let that happen in the rematch.

“Georges, you better work on your power because I’m going to force you to stand up with me when we fight and I’m going to knock you out.”

Yeah good luck with that KOS but if i were you I would be working on fighting of my back
Old 05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
cubsfan47

My question is this: which will turn out to have been more entertaining, Koscheck's pre-fight verbiage or GSP's submission of Koscheck?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

yeah, because better strikers like thiago and hardy were able too ... gsp is gonna wreck kos ...
Old 05-21-2010, 03:59 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, because better strikers like thiago and hardy were able too ... gsp is gonna wreck kos ...
I see this starting exactly like the Hardy fight but Kos tappping as he dosn't have Hardys bottle or elastic arms
Old 05-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Stump Rules!

He can "plan" til the cows crawl out of that f'ed up hair of his it's never going to happened.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
logrus

He's not planing, he's rehearsing. It's what all great actors do.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Apparently GSP is taking Kos's threats "seriously"?

Quote:

UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre broke the news that he will be spending some quality time with world renowned boxing trainer Freddie Roach in the very near future.

"Rush" told Jim Rome on his nationally syndicated radio show that he will be flying to California today to begin training at Roach's Wildcard Gym in Hollywood.
Training with Freddie seems to be the "fashionable" thing to do for fighters, but I don't think it's really a good idea. I mean, look at who has trained with him & how their careers are going: Tito & Andrei. He has Andrei working exclusively with 3min rounds! He's one heck of a boxing trainer, but I hope GSP isn't relying on him 100% for his striking prep during this camp!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Miss Foxy

As much as I don't like GSP this is hilarious!! Kos is the only one who is gonna be getting knocked out. He just needs to shush it already so when he loses he doesnt look as lame!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Apparently GSP is taking Kos's threats "seriously"?

Training with Freddie seems to be the "fashionable" thing to do for fighters, but I don't think it's really a good idea. I mean, look at who has trained with him & how their careers are going: Tito & Andrei. He has Andrei working exclusively with 3min rounds! He's one heck of a boxing trainer, but I hope GSP isn't relying on him 100% for his striking prep during this camp!
i think GSP knows he has kos almost everywhere, but in their last fight, kos was throwing that looping overhand right all the time and gsp was ducking down (same thing he did against serra) and was close to getting hit in the back of the head, which we have seen he doesn't react well to ... gsp is probaly going to learn how to better exploit his jab over kos and keep him far enough so that he can avoid getting taken down and offer better head movement ...
Old 05-21-2010, 07:28 PM
atomdanger

KOS has a much better BJJ defense and wrestling game than Hardy,
simply because he has years training in BJJ, and a lifetime in wrestling.
GSP will NOT submit KOS, ever.

Can KOS KO GSP? Maybe, but unlikely.
Surely though it is his best hope.